Diet

[An...]

Does anyone here eat a WFPB (whole foods plant based) diet here like I have chosen to eat? If not, what do you eat mostly on a daily basis? Do you think food is important when it comes to health and disease prevention?

I think good nutrition is the best and most fundamental thing for benzo healing (and for overall health, of course)  Whole foods is the best way to go.  I went vegan several years ago, but after a while went back to eating protein based on how I felt.  For a long time, vegan felt good.  Then it didn't.  And I was very good at combining the grains/beans for whole protein. 

To heal from benzos I'm just focusing on lots of veggies, meats, and the good fats like coconut, olive, cod liver and yes, butter!!!  We need animal fats too.  Lots of studies are now proving that.  And that all the fats they've been pushing us to eat as healthy are actually very bad.  Canola is a perfect example and it's in everything.  Those bad fats mess with the brain.

I think one of the biggest issues with benzos is the food allergies it causes and benzo belly and all that - gut as second brain etc.  Turned out I was seriously allergic to gluten, so all grains had to go.  Some people can't do certain foods suddenly, like garlic or chickpeas.

So yeah...good diet is really key.

You probably already know....amino acids are really important to maintain and repair the brain.  So

I went vegan several years ago, but after a while went back to eating protein based on how I felt.  For a long time, vegan felt good.  Then it didn't.  And I was very good at combining the grains/beans for whole protein. 

I have been paying a lot more attention to diet related topics recently and there has been a trend recently with vegan "influencers" on youtube either coming out that they had been forced to start consuming animal proteins due to health issues that were caused by eating vegan or they were outed as eating animal protein while claiming to be vegan.

This makes complete sense to me. I have long suspected that this is an unnatural and unhealthy diet for humans just based upon the fact that you have to use supplements or you put your health at serious risk. Our bodies aren't designed to eat like that, period.

I did a fairly low carb diet for the past year or so but recently decided to switch to full-on keto and so far it is turning out to be the best decision I have ever made. Of course I could just be in a big window right now and it could have little to do with the diet but ever since I dropped my carbs below 20g per day I have felt better, I have more energy and I am pretty sure my cognitive function has improved.

Florida - agree wholeheartedly the brain needs lots of healthy fats and protein to heal.  I'm still doing as many low carb veggies as possible...kale, collards broccoli, asparagus etc, with some added carrots and such.  I've heard many people say they have very good results with keto.  Glad to hear you are too.  It's motivating me to look deeper into it.

The thing is we do get  most of our micro-nutrients from whole unrefined plant foods. It is documented that Dr. Atkins, the father of HFLC, had advanced heart disease himself when he had the fall and died. There is both healthy and unhealthy vegan. I eat mostly whole intact minimally processed plant foods with just a little bit of meat for flavor. I eat no dairy products. Humans are the only mammals who will drink the milk of another species and think it is healthy, something I have never understood.