Do all gaba Antagonist rev up symptoms but induce healing & vice versa?

[Be...]

Is it a rule of thumb and medically and scientifically correct to assume that:

All gaba Antagonists rev up symptoms but induce healing.

And that, all gaba agonist improve symptoms but hinder healing.

Theoretically, yes. ginkgo biloba is a prime example

Thus, treating benzo-tolerants/dependants in detox and rehab centers with Flumazenil, a powerful gaba antagonist drug might kill them by causing them extreme anxiety and stress reflex to the point where they might have seizure. And if not kill them, it will be a literal complete utrer Hell!! Specifically, those who went high up on tolerance to high dosages!

I'm just assuming! 

Thus, treating benzo-dependants in detox and rehab centers with Flumazenil, a powerful gaba antagonist drug might kill them by causing them extreme anxiety and stress reflex to the point where they might have seizure. And if not kill them, it will be a literal complete utrer Hell!!

I'm just assuming!

ginkgo biloba doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I don’t think anyone has the definitive answer as to “all” GABA agonists or antagonists producing basically the same effects but there’s certainly a high likelihood that they do and until we are told otherwise, along with proof, it’s probably safest to assume they will produce these results.

Idk about that theory. Gaba antagonists can be dangerous too. Just ask the one of the thousands of people who have been Floxed and others who have been harmed by other gaba antagonistic antibiotics. It actually causes the same symptoms of cold turkey Benzo withdrawal with the same protracted healing timeframe.

Not sure what these qualify as, but I took depakote and gabapentin while detoxing.

Pretty sure they kept me from seizing.

I take 12.5mg topomax prn now because it provides relief from vestibular migraines.

Migraines didn’t start until I detoxed K by the way

• 2 weeks later...

Any form of GABA (and only GABA) antagonism, blockade, or blunting would have to be sustained for indefinite periods of time and effects are likely dose-dependent.

Furthermore, the brain would have to recognize the need for alterations with glutamate and GABA via GABA antagonism. 

Ginkgo biloba is thought to respectively inhibit both GABA and glutamate expression, but its value in withdrawal may lie within the adaptogenic properties.

It may be able to limit calcium currents and allow for some down-regulation.

Flumazenil binds with high affinity and could trigger a refractory seizure, but has helped many. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how taking Mag + Calcium could have gone so bad..??

Magnesium (minimal) seemed to be ok on its own...

Thus, treating benzo-tolerants/dependants in detox and rehab centers with Flumazenil, a powerful gaba antagonist drug might kill them by causing them extreme anxiety and stress reflex to the point where they might have seizure. And if not kill them, it will be a literal complete utrer Hell!! Specifically, those who went high up on tolerance to high dosages!

I'm just assuming!

I received subcutaneous and implant flumazinal treatment at Dr. George O'Niel's clinic in Perth, Australia several years ago. I went to see if it could help for protracted symptoms however I saw them get several folks off benzos using flumazenil. Everyone I met who had done this were fine. They do put you on a anti-seizure med just in case for a few weeks. But compared to the hell people experience on this forum it was a cake walk for them... comparatively speaking.

I don't buy the gaba agonist bad, gaba antagonist good theory in terms of healing. The brain is way too complex for something as simple as that.

CBD for instance is a gaba agonist at the A receptor... same one as benzos. Yet you'll find countless people who had great experiences with it and how it's helped their healing. Then you'll have others who said it did nothing for them or made things worse.

Same can be said for Gingko. And just about anything else. Alcohol is the end all be all bad thing that we're told to stay away from however you'll find success stories of people who drank in moderation from time to time and we're fine.

I wish there was something as simple as this is good and this is bad. But in reality we're all so very different and the brain is just too complex for that to ever be a reality. This is such an individual experience...