Is Circadin (the new melatonin agonist drug) safe?

[Be...]

Is the medication "Circadin" safe to take for sleep during protracted withdrawal?

Will it hinder healing?

Will it cause its own drama/damage/dependency?

I have used the Circadian without bad incidents, and I tend to be more sensitive than most to all meds.  You can always do 1mg dose to try it ( Cut it in 1/2 as pill is 2mg).  Do not crush as you're paying for the time release effect.  I use this form of melatonin, because I live in an area I cannot buy plain melatonin.  It is much less expensive to do that. There is even a liquid form to closely regulate the dose.

I do not sleep longer or deeper with it, but it helps me to go to sleep.  I have experienced runs of 5-7 days of insomnia where I can't go to sleep until 3 AM, or only catch brief naps all night amounting to 1-2 hours total.  When this happens, the next 24 hours tends to bring more symptoms. I use it when I see this familiar routine occur to try and head it off.

If you cannot fall asleep, a cheap thing to try is red lensed glasses. (Mine are $2 safety plastic.)  The red light signals the body to sleep, and helps naturally release chemicals to quiet you down. Blue light from phones, and computers diminishes these chemicals. ( Dr. Jack Kruse speaks about it.) If you go to sleep, but wake up, it can be blood sugar issues since you're semi-fasting for the time between last and first meals. Try snacking. If you wake up early, 2AM to 3AM it may be related to when cortisol naturally rises. You can do a spit test to check levels, and get a natural practitioner to help.

It is unfortunately a common symptom that seems very resistant to change during withdrawal.  Good luck.

I have used the Circadian without bad incidents, and I tend to be more sensitive than most to all meds.  You can always do 1mg dose to try it ( Cut it in 1/2 as pill is 2mg).  Do not crush as you're paying for the time release effect.  I use this form of melatonin, because I live in an area I cannot buy plain melatonin.  It is much less expensive to do that. There is even a liquid form to closely regulate the dose.

I do not sleep longer or deeper with it, but it helps me to go to sleep.  I have experienced runs of 5-7 days of insomnia where I can't go to sleep until 3 AM, or only catch brief naps all night amounting to 1-2 hours total.  When this happens, the next 24 hours tends to bring more symptoms. I use it when I see this familiar routine occur to try and head it off.

If you cannot fall asleep, a cheap thing to try is red lensed glasses. (Mine are $2 safety plastic.)  The red light signals the body to sleep, and helps naturally release chemicals to quiet you down. Blue light from phones, and computers diminishes these chemicals. ( Dr. Jack Kruse speaks about it.) If you go to sleep, but wake up, it can be blood sugar issues since you're semi-fasting for the time between last and first meals. Try snacking. If you wake up early, 2AM to 3AM it may be related to when cortisol naturally rises. You can do a spit test to check levels, and get a natural practitioner to help.

It is unfortunately a common symptom that seems very resistant to change during withdrawal.  Good luck.

Thanks for the elaboration.

I don't think it will hinder your healing. It works in different area of neurons and parts of the brain where GABA is far less in number. I don't think it will do any more sx's, nut that doesn't mean it works for everyone. I say 40-45% chance it would work for you and not much for the rest. :thumbsup: