Finally got switched to .225mg clonazepam pills

[Le...]

I got a new doctor who actually cares that I want to be off of clonazepam and is helping me taper. I'd been trying to convince my old doctor to prescribe me the smaller .225mg pill instead of the .5mg and he wouldn't do it, so I found a new doc! I haven't actually taken my new pills yet, they're still getting filled but has anyone else taken them? I guess they just started being available in the US because my doc hadn't heard of them but sure enough they were available. They are generic, anyone have good or bad experience with them? Just trying to get an idea of if they are going to give me WD symptoms or not? I guess I won't know til I try them but I've been breaking the light yellow .5mgs in half and I noticed they are better than the orangish .5mgs...

Are you referring to the 0.25 mg orally disintegrating tablets of clonazepam?  If so, these have been available for quite some time but I’m beginning to wonder how many docs know about them (fyi ... a 0.125 mg ODT is also available). Per the FDA Orange Book, three manufacturers have approval to sell ODTs here in the U.S. - Teva, Par, and Sun.  Hope this help!

Yes, the ODT ones, I didn't know they've been available, I wish I'd know sooner! My doc was definitely surprised when I told him about them and he looked them up. Will the ODT last as long as a regular pill? I've been worried about how long they last and the quality of them...mostly because the Orange.5mg were giving me interdose WD sometimes compared to the light yellow ones.

Can you clarify what you mean by “Will the ODT last as long as a regular pill?”  Are you asking if the duration of effect will be the same?  If so, my experience with Teva and Par ODTs is that onset was a tad faster than regular tabs but I did not notice a diff in terms of duration.  Re: interdose w/d ... you might want to check out what the Benzo Info Coalition has to say on this topic.

See if you can get the ODC .125 pills on your next refill. These all weight spot on at 200mg and it's an even smaller dose.