Seriphos to sleep

[...]

Seriphos is supposed to help fix insomnia (when insomnia is due to cortisol problems which could be due to stress from benzo withdrawal).

So I tried Seriphos.

IT HELPED ME SLEEP FOR MANY WEEKS.

But then I started to get motion sickness with odd headaches.

I am wondering if this is the Seriphos OR if it is just another wave from ending Benzos 8 months ago.

Anyone have any side effects from Seriphos?

Hi Bob:

I took Seriphos for for a year and it really helped me without any side effects, and I even went to three caps at night at one point. I also didn't have any problems weaning off it; therefore, I don't think is addictive, but one can become dependent on it so that is why is one of the reasons I stopped  post jump to let my receptors heal natural. I have had great windows without it, but now it seems I am in a rollercoaster of one week okay and a bad week of poor sleep. I am thinking about going on Seriphos (I had my cortisol levels checked three times and it correlates to my genetic predisposition/tendency to have circadian dysfunction cycles during sleep due to high cortisol). I am also looking into Rhodiola Rosea. Check the link below, it is really a very informative article about all the things that act as gaba agonist and the ones that are safe and helpful with anxiety. Surprisingly, L-Theanine is on the second list, are you still taking it?. About your headaches, I believe is normal during the withdrawal process. I have that happened to me still up to this day, and I quit my supplements for awhile. It could also influence the fact that you may be predispose to headaches or blood sugar disregulation. It may be that you don't need the Seriphos, but how much are you taking? According to the Ashton Manual, it is okay to take it even while in withdrawal. It is hard to tell, since everyone is different. I am interested in the Baco Mannieri and the Rhodiola since according to the article are a better choice. I know how hard it is to go through this process of trial and error and it certainly does add to our anxieties.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54028-treating-anxiety-safely-effectively/

Solyluna

Hi Solyluna,

Thank you for responding because I need some help.

I only took one capsule of Seriphos in the evenings and I was doing it for almost a month and it really helped me sleep.

I stopped after a month because I started getting motion sickness and headaches during the day.

It’s been five days since I had a capsule. The headaches seem to be gone and the motion sickness is nearly gone too.

Last night I was in bed for 11 hours and I know I was sleeping for at least seven of them but I’m so tired today I cannot function.  Also I feel my heart beat in my chest -  strange or weird or anxious.

So you think this is a wave or my cortisol got too low due to taken Seriphos for too long?

Bob

Hi Bob:

It is hard to tell about the cortisol being too low if you don't take a test; but if your symptoms stopped after stopping the Seriphos then maybe you need to lay off them for awhile and retry or stop it altogether. You are going through a wave. If you read the article that might give a hint on how to cope with the anxiety. Have tried Magnesium? Actually, the malate form is recommended instead of the glycinate. You may have to double up on the L-Theanine (they recommend 400m in split doses); the option is to ride it out and see what happens. I can understand how you feel right now. I only got 4 hrs sleep at the most last night, and I am struggling today also; but I am functioning so far. What do you mean you are not functional? 

Hi Solyluna,

I have the saliva test but I wanted to wait until I have a very bad night to test it.

Now I am waiting because I think I should get the Seriphos completely out of my system before doing the test.

I will probably do it this week.

I will look at the article again and switch to Magnesium Malate. 

What I mean by non-functional is this.  Normally, I make myself go to the YMCA to exercise every day - but today I am too tired to do it.  Also, I still work most days and today I really cannot do my job very well.

Bob

Hi:

That is a good idea waiting some time to have the test done. Some people have high cortisol levels during the day as well. Just know this might give you a better option as to continue with it or trying the Rhodiola or Baco Mannieri. Of course, the one option is to just not take anything. It is a good sign, though,you have been able to exercise every day. However, during a wave I have learned not to do strenuous workouts when I am feeling down and sleep deprived. I opt to do easy yoga, Tai-Chi, meditate and walk in nature (I just did that and feel so much better; also drinking some "Calm with magnesium/potassium and a little coconut water help me a lot to calm my CNS). So it could be a good time for you to try some meditation or Qi Qong. The article also advocates to take a hot bath at night with Epsom Salts (that really works for me also). Be positive; it will pass. It takes some time (or a lifetime) to get to know our own bodies and find out what is safe to take and do. This is not  a linear process as many of us are experiencing. The best mind set is not to panic.

Thank you so much Solyluna.

Your insights and experiences have given me reason to be hopeful that this is just a wave and I need to ride it out.

I just ordered the magnesium malate from Amazon and I think I’ll try the coconut water you mentioned. I too enjoy an epsom salt bath.

I really hoped after eight months at zero benzo I would be pass waves but I guess I’ll just wait for my next window.

I should say so other people are not freaked out-I am so much better that I used to be back when I was on Benzos.  For example, I’m going to cut the grass here in about an hour so things are not horrible-it’s just difficult when we’re so tired.

Good attitude Bob! Sometimes sweating it out can also help release toxins. Cutting the grass can be a great anxiety reliever as well and your wife will appreciate it :)  It will pass. I am just grateful that I have a flexible schedule from work and do the things I do to work on myself.  But, yes, being exhausted definitely is a bummer!

Hello Solyluna,

What about Chelated Magnesium and I see that one of you takes Magnesium "Calm", I am going to Google Seriphos, never heard of it or Baco Mannieri and Rhodiola.  Much good luck to you both, yes, fatigue for me is the most crippling.