suspension for seroquel

[no...]

which is safer and which is cheaper...PG or everclear?

builder said Propylene Glycol dissolves quetiapine/seroquel so  now my next question is which is safer and cheeper between them?

thx in advance

builder said Propylene Glycol dissolves quetiapine/seroquel so  now my next question is which is safer and cheeper between them?

thx in advance

Uhh..no, builder never said that!

Actually, the cost are about the same...about $8 per pint.  (and a pint is almost 500ml!  How much do you really think you will need?)

I can't imagine the cost of the solvent could even factor into doing  a DLMT plan! ::)

EDIT:  OK, I re-read the post you're referring, and it does sound like that.  But my point was that as a solvent for benzos, they both sork equally well.  But I have no knowledge of quetipine pharmacology.

Sorry if I inadvertantly misled you

thx in advance

Uhh..no, builder never said that!

Actually, the cost are about the same...about $8 per pint.  (and a pint is almost 500ml!  How much do you really think you will need?)

I can't imagine the cost of the solvent could even factor into doing  a DLMT plan! ::)

EDIT:  OK, I re-read the post you're referring, and it does sound like that.  But my point was that as a solvent for benzos, they both sork equally well.  But I have no knowledge of quetipine pharmacology.

Sorry if I inadvertantly misled you

Re: best solvent for seroquel/quetiapine that is not milk (H2O desn't work) for LT

« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2019, 01:18:51 »

Propylene glycol works just as well as alcohol.

FWIW, it's what the pharma mfgrs use to make liquid benzos.

so did you mean that PG doesn't dissolve seroquel/quetiapine? or did you mean it will dissolve BENZOS as well as alcohol?

thx in advance

nvm it was a misunderstanding. builder just clarified. he doesn't know either! lol but the article i linked seemed to indicate PG waspart of the end solution so...maybe it does dissolve it? this is so hard to research!

What I meant was...

1)  Alcohol and PG both work equally as a benzo solvent

2)  and I don't have any knowledge of quetipine solubility  (but a quick google search would indicate that it probably isn't soluble in either)

(but a quick google search would indicate that it probably isn't soluble in either)

well crap. i've been searching and all i can find is the contents of the Rosemont suspension and it's ingredients. i was under the impression that almost all dry pills were soluble in alcohol if the % was high enough.

so if seroquel dissolves moments after hitting my stomach..then would some kind of acid work...like lemon juice  or another acidic substance?

what about apple cider vinegar?

this is tricky cause i want to dissolve it but not , how do you say... digest it? i just want to dissolve it so i can then maybe make a suspension so the particles or molecules? of the med are pretty evenly dispersed, so i can get a more predictable measurement when i syringe out doses from the dissolve med in whatever liquid.

(but a quick google search would indicate that it probably isn't soluble in either)

well crap. i've been searching and all i can find is the contents of the Rosemont suspension and it's ingredients. i was under the impression that almost all dry pills were soluble in alcohol if the % was high enough.

so if seroquel dissolves moments after hitting my stomach..then would some kind of acid work...like lemon juice  or another acidic substance?

what about apple cider vinegar?

this is tricky cause i want to dissolve it but not , how do you say... digest it? i just want to dissolve it so i can then maybe make a suspension so the particles or molecules? of the med are pretty evenly dispersed, so i can get a more predictable measurement when i syringe out doses from the dissolve med in whatever liquid.

Many folks do suspension with benzos.  There are readily available suspension agents like OraPlus/OraSweet.  Many pharmacies stock them and they are readily available from Amazon.

A suspension will not give you uniformity of a solution, but it should be good enough. 

Unless you can find more info an solvents for your AP, I would trust a suspension over an uncertain, un verified "solvent".  JMHO

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8021682B2/en

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773DL1XJ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

but i don't know how much dilution with H2O it will tolerate, and if i can have that much sucralose... i'd need 4 & 1/2 bottles of the stuff if not diluted for a 28 day supply of quetiapine alone$$$

and i still don't know how well seroquel/quetiapine will dissolve in ANYTHING before adding it to the suspension liquid!

argh!

but i don't know how much dilution with H2O it will tolerate, and if i can have that much sucralose... i'd need 4 & 1/2 bottles of the stuff if not diluted for a 28 day supply of quetiapine alone$$$

and i still don't know how well seroquel/quetiapine will dissolve in ANYTHING before adding it to the suspension liquid!

argh!

You don't dissolve the med when you do a suspension.

As the term implies, the intact  particles are simply held in suspension in a viscous liquid.  You grind/crush the tablet(s) and mix them into the suspension agent.  And OraPlus can be diluted 1:1 (50%) and still retain is suspension capability.

argh!

You don't dissolve the med when you do a suspension.

As the term implies, the intact  particles are simply held in suspension in a viscous liquid.  You grind/crush the tablet(s) and mix them into the suspension agent.  And OraPlus can be diluted 1:1 (50%) and still retain is suspension capability.

aha!! so i would just put the quetiapine tablets in my mortar and grind as finely as i can and then add small amounts of the HUMCO until a paste, then add more and more until all blended into the total end amount of HUMCO/H2O liquid?

so...i'd perhaps need only 1/2 of the HUMCO for a 28 day supply..2 & 1/4 bottles per month instead of 4 & 1/2 bottles..okay that's good news.  :)

now i just need to figure out how much pill vs total liquid i need to calculate

I'm not familiar with HUMCO, but a suspension is intact, solid particles, suspended ("floating") in a viscous liquid.

I would NOT make a paste from your tablets, and I would NOT add any water to the crushed powder.

I'm not familiar with HUMCO, but a suspension is intact, solid particles, suspended ("floating") in a viscous liquid.

I would NOT make a paste from your tablets, and I would NOT add any water to the crushed powder.

directions on HUMCO flavor blend suspension agent bottle:

p1woIHY.jpg

as you said, the suspension (HUMCO Flavor Blend is almost identical to Ora Plus just cheaper) is able to tolerate dilution with H2O by about 50%,

and according to the "pharmacist directions" printed on the bottle, i actually should add a small amount of the HUMCO that's been diluted with H2O to make a liquidey "paste" or aqueous mass lol and then finish adding the rest of the end amount of the total liquid (HUMCO plus H20 solution)until super well blended. and then refrigerate for up to 28 days.

Xgo8Vxx.jpg

oh. and then there's the price difference.

ORA-Plus

Price: $23.75 Free Shipping for Prime Members

PADDOCK LABORATORIES Ora-Plus Oral Suspending Vehicle, 16 Ounce

VS.

HUMCO Flavor Blend 

Price: $12.38 Free Shipping for Prime Members

New (3) from $11.95 & FREE shipping.

lol, i kinda feel like i'm talking to myself here, but anyways,

i called HUMCO and talked to a rep there and she said yes it's 50% dilutable with H2O similar to Ora-Plus

and it's shelf stable the same...about 2 years unopened but once opened must be refrigerated and best to use in 4-6 weeks for erring on the side of caution, though in ideal conditions it may stay stable refrigerated for longer.

my mathtarded brain says i can probably do my quetiapine doses in HUMCO Flavor Blend suspension like this:

total daily dose of quetiapine= 68.75mg (round up to 75)

each pill=25mg quetiapine

1 bottle HUMCO Flavor Blend suspension = (16 oz. or 473ml)

so my dose of 25mg quetiapine x 3 = 75mg

1:1 ratio HUMCO Flavor Blend + H2O =

37.5ml HUMCO +37.5ml H2O =

total 75ml HUMCO/H2O suspension liquid

so 75mg quetiapine per 75ml HUMCO/H2O suspension liquid = 1mg/1ml

so for a 28 day supply:

75mg x 28days = 2100mg/ml

which is 84 of the 25mg powdered pills in 2100ml of suspension solution (1050ml HUMCO + 1050ml H2O)

so for each 28 day batch, i'll need 84 of the 25mg pills and 2 & 1/4 bottles of HUMCO Flavor Blend & 1050ml Distilled H2O

(it may be easier to make smaller batches of say 1 or 2 weeks supply to make it fit into a pharmacy flask that i can insert a bottle neck adaptor into to facilitate an oral dosing syringe into...also to make portable in case i need to take a dose away from home while running around)

from the email with HUMCO:

"Up to 50% water should be ok, but you could actually just put your Seroquel in a bowl, and triturate with some of the Flavor Blend until it is an equal paste. From there, I would qs to your final volume!

Here is a handy chart for the Carbs/Sucrose in flavor blend

Flavor Blend

Carbohydrate

%

Sucrose

9.75%

Sorbitol (from Sorbitol 70%)

1.33%

Total Carbohydrates

11.08%

Total Carbohydrates (g) per Tbsp

Total Calories per Tbsp

I hope this helps!

Sounds like a doable plan...

Was reading the label in the previous post and I see where xanthan gum is listed. Heck, you could make your own. :thumbsup:

Found this article too...worth checking out

Good luck!  :smitten:

aw somebody is reading my stupid seroquel suspension saga! foreve hereafter to be called "(nomoredrugsforme's) SSSS" ha!

well i have 8 oz of powdered xanthan gum in my cupboard...also 4 oz of powdered arrowroot. dunno ifi could use any of that to make a cheap suspension liquid but....i did read somewhere somebody on here was trying to make one with chia seed water!

then there's this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/Kappa-Carrageenan-2oz-Semi-Refined-grams/dp/B07BYWYVDV/ref=pd_day0_c_325_58?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07BYWYVDV&pd_rd_r=6f87bffd-5fd9-11e9-afa9-71b4a9ca45aa&pd_rd_w=zDUGz&pd_rd_wg=sBmkv&pf_rd_p=fda7cfe5-3364-4578-ae5e-ac4ab3645932&pf_rd_r=773ZH4RAW1TJW907XX4H&psc=1&refRID=773ZH4RAW1TJW907XX4H

but i dunno how much is required...

i'm not scared of experimenting in the kitchen but to be honest, i don't know the ratios or how long they keep refrigerated, so i kinda thin kthe already tried n tested suspension liquids like the HUMCO version of Ora Plus is safer than me trying to wing it.

but anything that suspends the particles of powdered quetiapine has got to be better than the way i do it now! water is admittedly a VERY poor way to dissolve the pills, and the med is heavier than water so it sinks...not talking about the visible tiny pieces of fillers, the actual medication. it just doesn't stay suspended in plain H2O so i gotta find something to hold the medicine up to get a better distribution and draw when i syringe out my daily doses.

i'm vegetarian, but i wonder about using thinned out gelatin (plain jello)? seems like there's gotta be a pharmacist or chemist out there somewhere who would know a poor man's guide to making a suspension ;)

The reason you get so few replies is you are on a benzo forum asking about/discussing how to liquify an antipsychotic. 

The reason you get so few replies is you are on a benzo forum asking about/discussing how to liquify an antipsychotic.

well it's been read 65 times already

i sometimes post these questions under "other medications", but this particular one is under:

BenzoBuddies Community Forum » Planning Your Taper » Titration Taper Plans » suspension for seroquel

because it is an essential part of my titration taper plan, and i cannot do a proper liquid titration without knowing the liquid i will be tapering with.

but thanks for your helpful encouragement.   :brickwall:

But folks can't give you answers  if they don't know.  ;)  I'm probably as knowledgeable about liquid taper as anyone here, but I wasn't able your questions.

Don't misunderstand-you welcome to participate here on BB, but don't be surprised that you get little, if any response about a seroquel taper.

But folks can't give you answers  if they don't know.  ;)  I'm probably as knowledgeable about liquid taper as anyone here, but I wasn't able your questions.

Don't misunderstand-you welcome to participate here on BB, but don't be surprised that you get little, if any response about a seroquel taper.

yeah well i was told on SA that i shouldn't expect any help from them either.

Sounds like a doable plan...

Was reading the label in the previous post and I see where xanthan gum is listed. Heck, you could make your own. :thumbsup:

Found this article too...worth checking out

Good luck!  :smitten:

hey Bella Amis?

could you move this entire thread over to "other medications" where the seroquel/quetiapine people will see it?  builder says i shouldn't expect to get any responses from people on BB because they aren't trying to liquid taper this medicine. but i'd like to give it a shot just the same.

thx in advance!

I dissolved mine into a suspension in weak gin, even the coated ones.

Only on 25 mg tabs into 10ml but drew up just 9ml in syringe and onto a taper.

It failed as I was just not ready and went to diazepam titre first.

In UK they make 12.5/5ml liquid up for you but will makers will not insure legally and the docs wont write it !

Best wishes

Dick