Making the Leap Tonight

[Li...]

I am starting liquid titration tonight with no reduction to my .5 Xanax per day with 4 doses of .125. I'm still stabilizing from a wacky dry cut taper.

The mixture is for two days with two pills of .5 = 1 mg, plus 2 ml vodka (80 proof), and 8 ml tap water (ratio 1:2:8). I'm guessing I can't be too off track with only two days' worth. Might make larger batches later.

To split in half, I pulled 5 ml of the mixture to a glass one cup measuring cup using a syringe also used in measuring/mixing above.

Next I topped off the 5 ml in the one cup measure to one full cup of water to divide into the four daily doses. I have 1/4 cup poured in a small juice glass ready for right before bed and will pour my early a.m. dose right after I take my bedtime dose.

I used water to top off measures, because I now have diabetes. Hope it does not taste too bad.

The reason I'm starting at night is because I am non-functional in the mornings especially if I do not sleep or sleep very little. With taking the first dose at bedtime, I can measure out for the next batch at night (every other night for now with 1 mg for two days) instead of the morning. I'd be likely to measure wrong or give up if faced with morning mixing.

That's what I've done and my plan. See any issues/problems with what I've planned? Suggestions? Tips?

I'm feeling good about this as I planned and asked every question I could think of. So, thumbs up or atta-girls also welcome. I very much want to get this.

I'm feeling good about this as I planned and asked every question I could think of. So, thumbs up or atta-girls also welcome. I very much want to get this.

You got it, girl!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for answering all my questions and for your support Builder. Yep. I'm going to cross over to the no benzo side.

First dose down the hatch.

The only change I made was adding some flavored water to the already measured and divided dose. It had a cheap vodka flavor (not real strong - but not too pleasant), but a little water fruit flavoring covered that up for anyone who may read and want details. I would use something tastier like Gatoraid, but I managed to get diabetes. That's not from benzos though.

Measured out my dose for tomorrow morning. Good to go.

First dose down the hatch.

The only change I made was adding some flavored water to the already measured and divided dose. It had a cheap vodka flavor (not real strong - but not too pleasant), but a little water fruit flavoring covered that up for anyone who may read and want details. I would use something tastier like Gatoraid, but I managed to get diabetes. That's not from benzos though.

Measured out my dose for tomorrow morning. Good to go.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The shift to liquid went just fine. I feel a little better than yesterday as I continue to stabilize on .5 Xanax.

Measuring/mixing were not difficult. I did have everything written down to double check.

I didn't sleep well, but that's likely due to sirens and a tornado watch with it going up and over and no big problems. All that was after midnight though, so it made for a wonky night. Glad we didn't get a direct hit.

Thanks Dick and SaraSue!

I didn't sleep much last night either, but that has been ongoing so not a new symptom.

This second two day batch is 5% less of the 10 ml mixture (1 mg Xanax per two days in the 10 ml), so it's a very small cut overall. I'm not feeling worse, so that's good.