Need help tapering off .5mg K?

[tr...]

I need help with tapering .5mg of K. Had to reinstate from .25mg. My Dr's are no help. And suggestions please?! I'll hold for a week to see how it goes. And try to cut 10-15% next cut when stable. :thumbsup:

See if you can get Klonopin in 1/8 mg dissolving tablets. At .5 you would be at four tablets. Since they aren't uniform, you could scrape away a small amount off of one tablet and reduced to 3 tablets and then from three to two. I would use a Gemini scale to do this. Klonopin seem to weigh in exactly at 200 mg very consistently so it makes the math very easy and consistent with the reductions. I would shoot for a 15% of your dose reduction per month and adjust this accordingly on at least a weekly basis. I've been having great success with this and I've gone from 1mg to .5 without a single side effect. I redo my math every week or so to maintain a trajectory of 15% of my dose reduction per month. When I get down to 1/4 I will probably daily liquid micro taper. But until then shaving pills has done me well.

And by the way, I understand my signature indicates I was on Xanax. I converted over to klonopin because of it's longer half-life. I just need to update my signature but I started my reduction on January 1st and have gone from 1mg to .5. The crazy thing is that if my math is correct and I want to continue my 15% reduction per month trajectory, I'm looking at another year to get to where I could jump. If it ends up being that I'm okay with it, the worst part for me is simply having to take time to take a pill multiple times a day but that's not really a big deal. I figured go slow as the goal isn't to get off as fast as possible but to heal as fast as possible

I need help with tapering .5mg of K. Had to reinstate from .25mg. My Dr's are no help. And suggestions please?! I'll hold for a week to see how it goes. And try to cut 10-15% next cut when stable. :thumbsup:

I have asked others if they think my taper is too fast. Some say yes some say no. Everyone is diff. So far the way i am tapering has been tolerable. Read my signature.

It’s not bad today. Getting a few things done today. Only sx’s is : my whole body feeling like a electric current going through it. Tinnitus, anxiety, and intrusive thoughts are gone after I took my dose. It  seems K is working pretty good at this dose. I don’t think I reached tolerance yet at lower dose. But I figure it out it will as I taper lower. Who knows. K still makes me relax.  But will hold for a week and see. Thanks all. Keep fighting.