Confused about which taper to try

[Ia...]

I've been taking Ativan for 8 years as needed. But recently around December started taking 1 mg or a little more split up every 6 hours. I cut back to .75 and then started stretching out the hours in between doses. I'm now down to .25 every 12 hours. But I'm constantly anxious & having lots of other side effects. I was told in the introduction board by a couple people to split my daily dosage of .50 into 4s & take every 6 hours. I feel like this has made me more anxious. Should I updose to .75 & split that up every 6 hours. And also what would be the best taper plan for the amount I'm taking? My pcp doesn't seem to know a lot about Benzo tapering, since she's told me to take It every 12 hours & then every 24. It almost seems like I'm getting no relief at all from the pieces I'm taking now.

Ouch —- some poor doc advice there.

Ativan seems to be 4 x a day for lots on here.

You also mention anxiety with the tiny cuts. Someone else has this.

I do hope it improves.

Imho you need to be comfortable for two weeks then you may have the energy to come down a touch more and the jump might be in sight.

That is such a psychological goal

Best wishes

Dick

I'm on the DLMT plan and it's working well.  Some people prefer the cutting and weighing, but that just didn't appeal to me.  Too confusing, I thought.  Also, it has been said time and time again that the DLMT is the most accurate way to go.

As far as your doses, sometimes we just have to play around with them and figure what works best for us as we're all different.

All the best ...

Is DLMT the liquid titration plan?

Yes..

-Reductions can be as often as suits, and of any size...

The Idea being regular small cuts that match ones bodys ability to adjust to the lowering dose...

:)