Advice on new taper

[Kt...]

Hello

I’ve decided to try a titration taper for my Ambien pills and would love some advice... I take a 5mg pill every night. From what I’ve read on here, I need to buy this equipment:

Pestle and mortar

100ml cylinder

Dropper/pipette

Full fat milk

I then crush up the pill and mix? But I’ve read that stirring doesn’t mix it properly, as that creates a vortex? So what should I use for mixing? And could I then use a pipette/dropper with 0-1ml markings on it to take out the correct amount?

I’d love any advice that anyone could give. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to taper off these pills by scraping a bit off each night, but it’s so inaccurate and my body is so sensitive to the variations...

Thanks in advance

Katie

1) Vodka or PG are easier to use and more convenient.

2)  But if you do use milk, it makes a uniformly distributed solution.  It is NOT a suspension, there is no "vortex effect".  Once it is dissolved, it remains uniformly distributed. 

Ah i see it stands for propylene glycol. So you use a small amount of PG or vodka to dissolve the pill and then top up with water, is that right? In that case you don’t need to crush the pill with a pestle and mortar?

1) The amounts of alcohol (vodka) is so tiny it doesn't matter.  There is at least one Rx liquid benzo that uses alcohol as a solvent.  Many folks here on BB are doing the "vodka taper".

2)  No, you don't need to crush the tablet.

3)  Its really pretty simple.  You use the ratio of 1mg benzo + 2ml vodka or PG + 8ml water.  That gives a very convenient .1mg=1ml solution.  You use that ratio to make enough to last 10-14 days, and just lower your dose each day.

It would be helpful, to you and to folks who will try to help you, if you add a signature including your benzo, your current dose, and any other relevant info about your benzo use.

Thank you so much. I will add a signature...

I am taking zolpidem/Ambien, which is not strictly a benzo but has all the same withdrawal problems so I’m hoping it will mix in the solution in the same way?

I take 5mg per night - so I guess that means I would end up using 10ml vodka and 40ml water for each daily dose?

Thank you so much. I will add a signature...

I am taking zolpidem/Ambien, which is not strictly a benzo but has all the same withdrawal problems so I’m hoping it will mix in the solution in the same way?

I take 5mg per night - so I guess that means I would end up using 10ml vodka and 40ml water for each daily dose?

Your proportions (5mg + 10ml solvent + 40ml water) are correct, but I don't know zolpidem solubility characteristics.