DLMT day, night or split doses?

[jo...]

I am starting my DLMT from 15 mg valium today.  I dose twice a day.  I am tapering 1 mg liquid every 33 days and, taking the rest in pill form just to see how it goes.  I may speed up a little if all goes well ( or slow down).  My taper rate would be about 6.5% a month.

I was wondering if it would be best to start tapering the morning dose first or the evening dose first?  Or should I split the 1 mg taper between both doses to keep it even throughout the day?  Or does it even matter?

Thanks to all.

I am starting my DLMT from 15 mg valium today.  I dose twice a day.  I am tapering 1 mg liquid every 33 days and, taking the rest in pill form just to see how it goes.  I may speed up a little if all goes well ( or slow down).  My taper rate would be about 6.5% a month.

I was wondering if it would be best to start tapering the morning dose first or the evening dose first?  Or should I split the 1 mg taper between both doses to keep it even throughout the day?  Or does it even matter?

Thanks to all.

[/quote

I take mine at night, because that's when I need my largest dose.  So probably when you want it is fine  ;)

Thanks to all.

It really won't matter.  And its certainly easier to taper it from just one dose.  (That's what I always did)

And if that really concerns you, you can alternate your 2 doses.

The reason diazepam is usually prescribed 2X day is NOT about keeping blood levels even, its about minimizing the sedative/sedating effect.