Dizziness, spaciness?

[Li...]

The last couple of days I am very lightheaded in the beginning of the morning? And I am not even tapering yet. I am planning to taper zopiclon, a z-drug which is similar to benzo's, anyone advise, what to do against spaciness? A friend of mine, advised to take some salt, against low bloodpressure. But I have the idea this isn't really helping much.

:crazy: Jeroen

I am told exercise is good to retune the brain when spaced out.

I have an exercise bike and it has always worked to help my mental fog.

But sometimes I just go bonkers with the hoover and it clears.

I have CFS following Lyme disease and mycoplasma so some days I can walk a hudred yards or just do 5 mins on the bike.

I take high dose oral B12 if particularly vague.

Some better ideas will follow I am sure

Get well soon and before you taper-)

Dick

I have discovered where the spaciness comes from. It is the passion fruit I ate for a couple of days. It can lower the blood pressure I found on the internet. And low blood pressure can create dizziness...

Jeroen

Feeling weird, spacey, floaty boaty and many other weird mental symptoms is very common.

Is your blood pressure okay? How do you feel, overall? If you tend to run a low BP that could be the cause. Are your labs okay?

I agree with fortylongyears.

east

• 2 weeks later...

Last Thursday and Friday I measured my bloodpressure and heartbeat, both were to high. So using salt or liquorice to make the BP higher is pointless. Today I will go to the doctor, and I expect to get a beta-blocker for the high BP. I actually hope for it, because the lightheaded feeling is not funny at all.

Jerry :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...

I am told exercise is good to retune the brain when spaced out.

I have an exercise bike and it has always worked to help my mental fog.

But sometimes I just go bonkers with the hoover and it clears.

I have CFS following Lyme disease and mycoplasma so some days I can walk a hudred yards or just do 5 mins on the bike.

I take high dose oral B12 if particularly vague.

Some better ideas will follow I am sure

Get well soon and before you taper-)

Dick

This line made me laugh out loud! Thanks Dickie. Hope you are having a good day.

After some trial and error I have found my dizziness, spaciness, and cog-fog is directly related to SUGAR. Eliminate all forms (tough to do, I know) and see if it helps. Also, I agree with the idea that exercise helps tremendously.

Dizziness and vertigo were two of the major symptoms that caused me to start looking into my long term benzo use and what I found was that dizziness and vertigo are both adverse effects of long term use.  So I began my taper and soon I found that after the acute dizziness was gone related to my tapering that the dizziness and vertigo were reduced significantly and now are only present when I am actively tapering/making a cut to my dosage or having a bad flare of my withdrawal symptoms.  Long term benzo use can cause so many symptoms that I never realized until I began my Dr. Google search online, I had been to multiple doctors and no one could tell me what was wrong.  It is a struggle, but getting off the devil I call Ativan will be a huge accomplishment!!!

• 1 month later...
I too am lightheaded and foggy at times.  I forget what I am doing, forget what people have just said to me, and even could not recall the last 4 digits of my phone number that I have had forever!!! That was very unnerving to me! I also get visual disturbances and am having more and more balance issues.  Even though I am awake, I am exhausted most of my day.  I think a lot of this is common in terms of side effects.  I do hope if there is an underlying issue you can get to the bottom of it with your doctor! ❤