Not New, Returning, & Restarting Clonazapam Taper after finishing others.

[an...]

Hi all,

I thought I should re-introduce myself. I’m Carrie aka Angeleye. My sig shows what I’ve been through. Yes I can’t list all Meds I’ve been on: my first dr tried me on so many I rapid cycled. We’ve tried to get those records-turns out keeping copies of pharmacy records can be just as helpful!

I know everything suggests NOT to start off with an anti-psychotic, but my new doctor & I both agreed for my case, it made sense. It was hell, but I am OFF Seraquel. Apparently it was the drug putting me to sleep bc I now have horrible insomnia, tried but gave up, & added Trazadone. I didn’t want to add anything else to get off but I finally can sleep! Topamax is significantly lowered; apparently it affected my cognitive skills-I can just DO things better, think through problems faster easier. But, it feels like parts of my brain won’t be the same-not just from this med, probably from the combo.

And now, I return to Clonazapam.  I have been on it since 2002 at a dose of 4mg. My own stupidity dropped it to 2mg on my own, no help, but it was done. I also had nausea etc with the other taper. So this med has been divided throughout the day for a while. I have a collection of different strengths (we’ve attempted this taper before-held back), so I’m not doing a liquid taper-yet. We already learned that even dropping by 1/8mg is too much, so I have 1/16ths compounded.  And I’m off again.

Oh quickly, I also managed to taper off one pain med, & taper DOWN to a lower dose on the other-but I can’t go any lower.  All docs are happy. Thank heavens for that!!

I joined this group in 2015, as I first began a different  taper. But I stayed busy, I didn’t login much nor participate. Finding info re Seraquel tapers & withdrawals is difficult. And, I learned a lot on my own (so did my doctor!!). Hopefully I can be a help for some (as I ask for help on others).

I’m signing off for the night, but thank you in advance for your support!  :smitten: C