How not to drug the kids and cat?

[Li...]

I am getting my supplies together for the liquid taper and wondered about safety for others. My grown sons are not living at home but do visit, and I do have a cat. I want to make sure I do not pass along any Xanax.

Would all items used with the Xanax measuring, mixing, pouring need to be dedicated only to that purpose and discarded once I've completed the taper? My glass one cup measuring cup to make a one cup solution to be taken four times a day is what comes to mind in particular.

Is it safe to wash items together with meal dishes after rinsing when used or even wash in the same sink as household items? I'm thinking a dishwasher would kind of sterilize the items, but I don't have a dishwasher. My water is not very hot, but I think I know how to turn up the water heater temp.

Xanax is very strong, so I do not want to expose anyone to it.

As far as the bigger picture, can leftover solution go down the regular drain (this is a very small town)? I know the pills (when I'm tapered off) do not go in the trash but back to the drugstore for safe disposal. So, I have checked on safety as far as the raw pills but don't know about liquid disposal.

Thanks.

You're way overthinking this.

Follow the same cleaning procedure for your equipment as you do for general dinnerware.  Wash plastic in warm soapy water, and glassware either in warm soapy water, or the dishwasher.

Dispose of residuals and waste the same as you do any other kitchen/household waste...down the drain.

Your xanax is NOT a deadly poison,  it is NOT radioactive waste.  It is a strong medicine, but it is NOT really a dangerous medicine.  If you simply follow common housekeeping procedures, the is very little liklhood anyone will actually have any meaningful contact with it.  And even if they did, a mg or so isn't going to harm anyone.

You probably have common OTC meds in your house that would pose a greater risk than your benzo.

Thanks Builder.

I didn't ask questions when put on Xanax and don't want to make that mistake again.

That should have me set to begin then. I'll hold a bit to stabilize, although I've had a couple of short periods of time yesterday and today when I've felt kind of like my old self. After Easter seems best as family usually come in for holidays.

Appreciate your help and from all the others. I now feel pretty confident about doing the liquid micro taper. I hope to be on the other side of this soon or one of these days. It took time to get here in the first place, so it makes sense that getting off isn't going to be a couple of days.

Its common for folks to get anxious and apprehensive about a DLMT (or any taper).  And IMO, BB actually creates a lot of that anxiety.  And the YouTube videos reinforce the idea that this is some complicated procedure.  But its much more like basic housekeeping than like some lab procedure.  And basic home/housekeeping procedures are all that's required.  Use the same handling/storage procedures you normally would for any common medicine.  As I said, you probably have common OTC meds in your house already that are more "dangerous" than your Xanax.

1)  You combine 2 or 3 ingredients to make a solution, then 2)  take a little less each day.  That's it! 

And it's not about making precise, or accurate, reductions, its about making gradual reductions.

Once you get started you will see how really simple this is, and you will see how easy it is to withdraw from your benzo. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Lilyann,

I completely agree with builder - do yourself a favor and don't overcomplicate the process.  :)  You could always do a practice run with just water to get more confident with the process procedures.

To try and reassure you a bit more, from my own experience...

- Overnight I went from a dry daily taper, using tablet powder and a jeweler's scale, to a liquid daily taper.  There was no transition or cut over period.

- I felt much more stable on the liquid than the dry.  At those really low scale weights, even using a jeweler's scale, inaccuracies abound.  Liquid is much more consistent to measure in solution, thus you get much more consistent dosing.

Wishing you the best,

sierra  :smitten:

Hi Lilyann,

I completely agree with builder - do yourself a favor and don't overcomplicate the process.  :)  You could always do a practice run with just water to get more confident with the process procedures.

To try and reassure you a bit more, from my own experience...

- Overnight I went from a dry daily taper, using tablet powder and a jeweler's scale, to a liquid daily taper.  There was no transition or cut over period.

- I felt much more stable on the liquid than the dry.  At those really low scale weights, even using a jeweler's scale, inaccuracies abound.  Liquid is much more consistent to measure in solution, thus you get much more consistent dosing.

Wishing you the best,

sierra  :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got it Builder. Yes. The videos did complicate it, although I think I only watched three. I stopped after someone measured and weighed stuff - too much detail there with a benzo fog. I appreciate you taking the time for questions and for making it less complicated.

Thanks for the support and sharing sierra. It's nice to hear someone say it's not hard to do and also that it's not painful (or not worse than dry cut). My confidence picked up just from reading your message.

I think I have everything I need except the vodka. There's no ABC store here, so I may go into town this afternoon. It would be good to have everything on hand, so if I decide to go ahead and take the plunge early, I can do it. I'd just be going from .5 daily dry to liquid with no drop to start off.