Author Topic: Ferritin: Low Iron  (Read 990 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Ferritin: Low Iron
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 10:59:55 am »
I have heavy period so my iron is always low.  I was recommended Floradix iron supplements.  They're pretty easy on the stomach.   I also cook a big pot of beans after each period and eat them with molasses.  It's rather hideous but my body likes it.

I do agree with others that as a man, if you don't suffer from digestive issues, it might be a bit concerning if your iron is low.  Do you eat much meat?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:58 pm »
OP- did you ever get your ferritin tested?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 09:03:10 pm »
I have low iron, but I think it was from Lasix and also a chemo wash I was given. I took supplements but felt anxious, so I quit them. I'm interested in Spatone. I've always had trouble with the stomach with iron supplements.