What books do you recommend?

[Sa...]

Hi SaraSue,

We've communicated before; recently.  That's great that you want to read a book!  Good for you! :thumbsup:  Means you're able to concentrate. 

That's really such a general category, though.  Can you give some categories of books you'd be interested in reading?   

I used to be a voracious reader; not in a long time, though I was still reading bio's occasionally, just up 'til around October '18; 6 months into active taper...began losing focus/concentration.  Did still read magazine articles about another month after that.  But, I also don't have very comfortable furniture for reading, like I'd had awhile ago...can't really get very comfortable & now, w/all the pain I'm in, that's really barring that. 

Re: fiction, I'd usually enjoyed mysteries/suspense novels.  Here are authors I clearly remember enjoying: James Patterson (his main character is Dectective Alex Cross): some of his novels have been made into popular movies: Kiss The Girls, Along Came A Spider.  Patricia Cornwall (don't remember about movies), Jonathan Kellerman (I think, also a movie...When The Bough Breaks)- wife, Faye Kellerman also good, Robin Cook (also movies).  Lighter: Janet Evanovich.  Mystery/funny/romance.  Very clever, quick-witted.  Main character is Stephanie Plum, former retail salesperson who becomes bail hunter.  There are 2 men in her life, one on law enforcement, one another bond hunter.  Family members are also present & vocal on what she's doing for a living.  Another funny character is the Secretary at the bail bonds agency, a former prostitute.  The head of the agency is her cousin.  Very, very good reads.  First one is "One For The Money" that may have been made movie, too.  Wow...I actually remembered all that!!  Didn't have to google.

If you like biographies, please post & I'll give you names of some.  Hope this helps!  :smitten:

CuzKK,

Lighter reading and biographies.  I don’t have the ability to do in-depth reading yet.  I will take from your suggestions, thank you!  Your brain seems to be working well since you remembered all you posted! 

Getting comfy is impossible.  I’m up and down every few minutes.  I need to exercise my brain.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Out of the mysteries, w/not getting too in-depth, sticking to ligheter, I'd recommend the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum novels, 1st one, as typed, above. 

Some bio's I really enjoyed:

Thing of Beauty: The Tragedy of Supermodel Gia - that's Gia Carrengi.  The movie, Gia, starring Angelina Jolie may have been taken from this; not sure.

High on Arrival - Mackenzie Phillips

Late, Late At Night - Rick Springfield

I also have bio's on Michael Hutchence/INXS, Belinda Carlisle, Pat Benatar (I'm big on music)  For M.H., I'd recommend the book about him/Paula Yates & Bob Geldorf 1st.  That's downstairs, so, if you're interested in title, I'll get it for you.  I was morbidly fascinated; read that probably around 2011, as into heavy INXS listening/same time period.

Also, a friend had rec. a George Harrison bio, but I'm not so into; however, I remembered that Pattie Boyd was his wife & that Eric Clapton had penned "Layla" for her, who they also ended up marrying.  She was also a fashion model & has more recently been a photographer.  Thought that would be interesting reading, w/the time-period history, too & it was excellent.  Just be forewarned that the beginning is about her early life.  "Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton & Me". 

I'd most recently read - please bear w/me on this one! - Kris Jenner: And All Things Kardashian.  I'm not "into" the whole Kardashian-thing; never watched the show...only aware of through seeing them from appearances as guests on late-night shows.  But, I'd thought she must have had some interesting life...knowing about her/Robert Kardashian & that they were good friends of O.J. & Nicole, & how this empire began.  Not so interested in reading about Bruce/Caitlin.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'd just read that around Oct/Nov so @ tail end of my concentration & it was engrossing, entertaining read, so that would be light, too.

Thank you re: brain!!  :D  I usually think I am doing alright, cognitively.  And, I think that's one reason, loved ones don't realize just how badly this is affecting me.  Plus, my memory's better than those who haven't unintentionally compromised their brains! 

I love historical novels, a good place to start on those is Phillips Gregory, she does lots of great English, French, Spanish families.

Passages, a trilogy about vampires

Game of Thrones

Outlander series

📚📚📚

Mary