Tapering plan question

[Gi...]

Hi,

I have taken diazepam in the past, and after tapering two and a half years ago, and fully recovered, I was so stupid to take it again a few times this year in January, and when I stopped, I had to reinstate and now I am in the worst state possible. I am currently taking about 12,5 mg a day, after going up and down a few times.

What kind of tapering schedule would you advise me, when I have been taking diazepam again now for about two months consecutively up and down, sleeping very bad, trying to hold on at work and survive... And to numb the restlessness I do drink sometimes too... I know that is not the solution, but does anybody know on a good schedule?

Not too slow of a taper, but not too fast either, so it doesn't take years because I have not been taking it too long, but that it is bearable too...

Thanks!

Hi,

I have taken diazepam in the past, and after tapering two and a half years ago, and fully recovered, I was so stupid to take it again a few times this year in January, and when I stopped, I had to reinstate and now I am in the worst state possible. I am currently taking about 12,5 mg a day, after going up and down a few times.

What kind of tapering schedule would you advise me, when I have been taking diazepam again now for about two months consecutively up and down, sleeping very bad, trying to hold on at work and survive... And to numb the restlessness I do drink sometimes too... I know that is not the solution, but does anybody know on a good schedule?

Not too slow of a taper, but not too fast either, so it doesn't take years because I have not been taking it too long, but that it is bearable too...

Thanks!

I think you will find you have to use your body and symptom intensity as a guide (slower or faster), but 10% per 14 days is often suggested as a starting point... -When you feel ready..