Mixing Question?

[Li...]

When mixing the benzo (mine is Xanax) with vodka and water, will I let the pills dissolve in the alcohol and then mix in water or put in pills, vodka, and water together and wait for the Xanax to dissolve with it all in there?

What kind of timeframe does it take for Xanax to dissolve?

Should the mixture be shaken or stirred and at some specific point or more than once?

As I decrease I will have some mixture left in the jar. Is it okay to just add to that or do I need a fresh mix in another container and then add to the original jar?

Thanks for any help. I'm guessing anyone already started will know, but I'm holding on split dry pills to stabilize and also will need to get supplies.

Dissolve in the solvent first, then dilute with water.

Once the tablet deconstructs/disintegrates, the benzo is very quickly dissolved.  And remember, only a tiny percentage of your tablet is xanax, most of it is inactive ingredients, some of which will be insoluble.  Don't worry about the residuals that sink to the bottom (or float).  They don't matter.

I would suggest a shake or stir when you make the solution.  After that, further agitation really isn't needed (but certainly won't hurt!  ;)

I always made a fresh batch with fresh materials.  Your liquid solution is not perishable, but it can become contaminated.  There is probably very little risk in re-using the residual, but unless your really short on med supply, why bother.

Thanks. Got it.

I am not short on pills, so I can do new batches. I have 90 from last month that I have not used (and most of the bottle I am on). The new GP thinks I should take these for life, so supply is not a problem.

Thanks. Got it.

I am not short on pills, so I can do new batches. I have 90 from last month that I have not used (and most of the bottle I am on). The new GP thinks I should take these for life, so supply is not a problem.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, I hoarded pills too so I wouldn't have to worry about a supply!!