5 or 10% per month? Ready to quit

[CM...]

Are you tapering 5 or 10% a month.

I’m down to 3.56 of Valium tapering 10% a month (micro tapering using a scale)

I’ve hit a very hard patch and thinking about throwing in the towel.

I’m super sensitive and maybe 10% is just too fast for my body. I don’t know what to do.

Are there people tapering slower than 10%/month and if so is it easier?

I’m super sensitive and maybe 10% is just too fast for my body. I don’t know what to do.

Hey CMZ, a lot of people on here are doing less than 10% a month.  I can't promise you because everyone is different, but you should feel better at a lower dose.  You may want to take your time lowering to the number you pick and then hold until your body adjusts to the new number.  Then begin again.  Good luck. Mary

Hey CMZ, a lot of people on here are doing less than 10% a month.  I can't promise you because everyone is different, but you should feel better at a lower dose.  You may want to take your time lowering to the number you pick and then hold until your body adjusts to the new number.  Then begin again.  Good luck. Mary

Hi Mary. What do you mean by “I should feel better at a lower dose” ?

Hi Mary. What do you mean by “I should feel better at a lower dose” ?

You can never tell someone tapering that "they will", too many variables.  But there is a good chance you will.  I am not a Dr, so I can only give you my best suggestion or opinion.  Mary💜

I’m not following what you’re saying. What are you trying to say?

I am saying lowering should make you feel better, but I can not promise you it will.  All of us react differently, it my take a while for the reduction to take effect, it might happen quickly, .  No one on this forum can promise you anything.  They can only give you their best advice.  If your sxs are bad, you may have to hold a while.  I can just say, I hope lowering works well and quickly for you.

I guess I just don’t know what this has to do with my original post/question. Why would I lower right now when I’m suffering and think I tapered too fast. Anyways, thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

I guess I just don’t know what this has to do with my original post/question. Why would I lower right now when I’m suffering and think I tapered too fast. Anyways, thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

I think she's saying that as your dose gets smaller, you will probably feel better.  And I would agree.

I am tapering very slow and very close to changing to liquid because it’s very difficult to get a good scale reading . When I was tapering faster my symptoms were terrible . I slowed down and things got better I cut 0.001 every 9 days . And things are manageable still have tough days but it’s doable . Try and slow down and see how you feel .

I am tapering very slow and very close to changing to liquid because it’s very difficult to get a good scale reading . When I was tapering faster my symptoms were terrible . I slowed down and things got better I cut 0.001 every 9 days . And things are manageable still have tough days but it’s doable . Try and slow down and see how you feel .

What med are you on and how many mgs is your pill?

My thoughts would be to go with a 5% taper and hold until stable. You might go the full month or smooth out enough that a week at a small cut would be enough and then another small cut etc. At the end of the month, you may be down 5% or may be down more than the current 10% in a month if the ride is smooth (and more cuts are made depending on how you feel).

I'm also shifting over to a liquid taper after taking big cuts with dry pills and getting bad s/x.

I hope your taper will go well and that you will not have to deal with a lot of the benzo crap which is sure no fun.