Switched directly from Xanax to klonopin/Clonazapam Severe Depression

[Sc...]

Hi,

I’ve been on klonopin/clonazapam daily for 9 years. I’ve been holding from tapering since the Teva Clonazapam was discontinued & my depression went downhill. I decided to focus on depression & other health issues before trying to restart my taper. My doc gave me a couple of scripts of Xanax, recently in place of clonazapam. It calms me better & even helps my treatment resistant depression. I got scared of my depression & requested the Xanax. I’m thinking, big mistake!

The plan was always to come back to clonazapam for my taper, thinking somehow I could stabilize my depression first, but I couldn’t, not without Xanax & that’s not the road I want to go down. I cold switched back to clonazapam 5 days ago & I’m severely, sobbing, can’t see the light.

Does anyone have experience with this? How long did the severe depression stay?

How did you get through it?

Any words of advice, experience, or encouragement, please, please share them with me.

Thank you,

Scaredie

For the sake of our membership, all references to self-harm and/or harming others have been removed from this thread.

Please click on this link if you are thinking about suicide, self-harm, or harming others: Self-Harm/Ideation (Revised)

Hello Scaredie,

I'm sorry you are going through this.  I've never used Clonazepam, but have used xanax.  All I can say, is that there are members who have successfully tapered directly off xanax.  It has a short half life, so manyswitch over to valium to end the taper. 

I will move this to the wd support board, where more members will see it.  Also, please, if you are feeling like you might harm yourself, do get local, in person help.  Use the link above for additional help sources.

:smitten:

Hello Scaredie,

I'm sorry you are going through this.  I've never used Clonazepam, but have used xanax.  All I can say, is that there are members who have successfully tapered directly off xanax.  It has a short half life, so manyswitch over to valium to end the taper. 

I will move this to the wd support board, where more members will see it.  Also, please, if you are feeling like you might harm yourself, do get local, in person help.  Use the link above for additional help sources.

:smitten:

Thanks Megan. I think I’m doing a little better. I’m not planning on switching back to Xanax, just wanted to hear others experiences of the Xanax withdrawal they got when crossing from it to klonopin, especially depression. Or theirxanaxwithdrawl crosding from it to any other long acting benzo with a cold cross & how long it lasted. Thanks, SC