When is a good time to jump from a taper (xanax)

[oc...]

I have been tapering xanax since nov.  My weight of my crashed pill that I take every evening is .032 - that is .106 mg of the .5 mg pill that I started on (if im doing the math correctly)

When did everyone else jump or when would be a good time for me to jump from this?

I was thinking about tapering down to about .015 (weight) and maybe jumping from there or maybe .020.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Not sure I have good advice but I’m tapering off clonazepam and I plan to jump at .17. That is equal to .5 diazepam, which is what the Ashton manual says to jump at.

yeah I might try a weight around the .015 mark or switch to a water titration to finish it up. I keep thinking that im gonna read up on it but i never seem to have the time.

Maybe I will this weekend.

I keep saying the same thing but also haven’t done it. Seems very involved. Maybe I’m just tired of the whole thing so I’m not wanting to give anymore time to this. Someone told me I was tapering too fast but I can’t imgaine drawing this out anymore.

that is  the way i feel about taking this stuff. I have been tapering very fast up until this month. But now im so worn out with not sleeping and worrying that I'm gonna start slowing it down some.

I think sometimes when you go too fast you can cause yourself a lot of problems. The reason I cut fast was because I was having a lot of health issues before I started to taper. So i needed to get off of the medication fast.

Maybe you should slow it down a little unless you are having health problems and need to get off the medicine.

my advice is coming from what I plan to do myself later this month or early next month. I'm on .012g on a gram scale for the morning and .009g for my night dose. I plan to cut down to .001g on each, hold and finally cut when I feel slightly comfortable holding. I understand not wanting to give this anymore time, as I don't either (its been 8 months of hell)but my advice to you both is to give your brains time to heal before you jump. you've come this far, its not a time to rush. Cut down at whatever pace you want but hold before you come off at a low dose. Give yourself a chance and come out of this in one piece. The last thing you want to do is come off and consider going back on. We all know what its like to go too fast and lose our shit, make your jump as smooth and comfortable as you can. Its not a race. set yourself up for success and take your time. We are dealing with our brains here, and I have had to fight myself when I obsess about how long it takes or when id like to be off. I was only able to accomplish my last few rapid cuts after I accepted that I may or may not be off by summer. Thinking about the time frame screwed me up and made things harder. It skewed my judgement. and now I'm closer than I've ever been. You've tapered this long, whats another few weeks anyway? Think about it. best of luck to you both.

my advice is coming from what I plan to do myself later this month or early next month. I'm on .012g on a gram scale for the morning and .009g for my night dose. I plan to cut down to .001g on each, hold and finally cut when I feel slightly comfortable holding. I understand not wanting to give this anymore time, as I don't either (its been 8 months of hell)but my advice to you both is to give your brains time to heal before you jump. you've come this far, its not a time to rush. Cut down at whatever pace you want but hold before you come off at a low dose. Give yourself a chance and come out of this in one piece. The last thing you want to do is come off and consider going back on. We all know what its like to go too fast and lose our shit, make your jump as smooth and comfortable as you can. Its not a race. set yourself up for success and take your time. We are dealing with our brains here, and I have had to fight myself when I obsess about how long it takes or when id like to be off. I was only able to accomplish my last few rapid cuts after I accepted that I may or may not be off by summer. Thinking about the time frame screwed me up and made things harder. It skewed my judgement. and now I'm closer than I've ever been. You've tapered this long, whats another few weeks anyway? Think about it. best of luck to you both.

I appreciate  the reply. I will probably wait a while until I get down a little farther and then maybe jump. Like you said I dont want to mess things up.

Hope you heal soon too thanks.

I think you already know  it's your time to jump!! So go ahead and do it!!

All the best.

I appreciate it. I'm still nervous about cutting that last little bit of Xanax. I have made bigger cuts than this before but not when  I have been on it as long. I just dont want to mess anything up.

I was just curious at what point others had jumped and come out ok. Thanks.