Anyone have any tips, Trying to find a good way to taper

[Tj...]

I am new to this site. Trying to find someone who has a good plan to taper off clonazepam. On 2mg but i have been taking 3/4 of the dose & putting it off until i really need to take it. Been on clonazepam for 4yrs and want to get off & have my old life back. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks! -T.J.

The easiest, and most tolerable way to taper is a Daily Liquid Microtaper.

Instead of making big cuts and holding while your recover from the cut, you dissolve and dilute your tablets, and make tiny reductions each day.

[54...]

The easiest, and most tolerable way to taper is a Daily Liquid Microtaper.

Instead of making big cuts and holding while your recover from the cut, you dissolve and dilute your tablets, and make tiny reductions each day.

Agree!

My doctor said it should only take 2 weeks to taper off...Witch is nonsense.. I will look into liquid micro taper. I am getting by on 1.4-1.5 mg a day since april 4th. Today I have taken 3/4 of a mg at around 930AM est time. The issue comes at night for me. Yesterday I took 3/4 mg and it wasn't too bad, Then tried to only take the other 1/4 before bed so it would be a 1mg day but I could not fall asleep for the life of me(Also noticed I have been twitching while laying in bed now that the taper has started!).

At 11pm it was getting really late, I have to get to bed by 930pm to be up at 4am so I panicked a bit and took a half so 1.5mg and I was able to fall asleep. Really exhausted today though. I work at a gym and have to be at work at 5am so today has been a really long day. Thanks for the help guys. Going to need some help to get through this mess, I am happy I found out about BB. I really want to be off or down to 1/4mg and take as needed by august, But I know that might not be an option.

Tjmoves70,

I agree that the daily liquid micro tapering is great. 

I would try to get off of them all the way rather than on an as-needed basis.  I have some apprehension as to how I'll do when I'm free from this stuff, but I'm going to deal with it the best I can.  I don't want any part of them after I reach success.

That is a good idea, To just be off for good. Get my life back and not have to deal with doctors, Psychiatrists & going to the pharmacy. Right now its dark for anyone getting off of these pills. its hard to picture life without them right now. But I hope when i do get off, Im off for good. But right now i just cant picture it. One thing i can safely assume is once i go through the hell, I doubt i will think that i will ever want to be on them again(even once in a while). Just going to take a hard lesson to learn it.

That is a good idea, To just be off for good. Get my life back and not have to deal with doctors, Psychiatrists & going to the pharmacy. Right now its dark for anyone getting off of these pills. its hard to picture life without them right now. But I hope when i do get off, Im off for good. But right now i just cant picture it. One thing i can safely assume is once i go through the hell, I doubt i will think that i will ever want to be on them again(even once in a while). Just going to take a hard lesson to learn it.

I always thought I'd be on them forever and, of course, I'm not even halfway through my taper, but I have lots of faith that I'll win this battle and be done with them.  I trust you will get there, too.  :thumbsup: