Exercise anxiety

[El...]

Because with exercise you raise adrenaline, and an increase in adrenaline may feel like an anxiety attack.

Also when withdrawing from a benzodiazepine or still suffering from benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome your central and autonomous nervous systems may be out of whack and very sensitive to stimuli, by stimulating it with exercise you may become anxious.

It differs from person to person, some feel better with exercise, others feel worse.

Because with exercise you raise adrenaline, and an increase in adrenaline may feel like an anxiety attack.

Also when withdrawing from a benzodiazepine or still suffering from benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome your central and autonomous nervous systems may be out of whack and very sensitive to stimuli, by stimulating it with exercise you may become anxious.

It differs from person to person, some feel better with exercise, others feel worse.

I have exercised consistently throughout taper an wd. When I am in a wave, which I am right now, I sometimes get more anxious. When I'm not in a wave this does not happen. My whole system just seems to.overreact to everything.@ My

I tried getting back to running this week for the first time in almost a year. I went super slow and then found I had to just walk briskly. Got so sick for the rest of the day. Not sure why.

[cd...]

Why does exercise sometimes trigger anxiety attacks??

The only time it’s bothered me is when I’m having palpitations. But I exercise anyway.

Part one:

Part two:

Gonna sound a little sanctimonious maybe BUT exercise is honestly the BEST thing I have done to feel better this whole f-ing taper.

I ran for 33 mins, did weights and feel SO much better now.

I was very, very exercise phobic and read posts where people said any working out made them feel worse and that could def be the case for some people but thankfully it only helps me feel good and obviously look better. People talk about losing muscle mass here a lot - one fix? Free weights, push ups, anything.

Some days I do not want to exercise, but I just deal and do it.

Since working out most every day I have not had ear ringing, brain fog, fatigue or anxiety surges. Literally. None. Symptoms are WAY better. I am 90% today. If I didn't have to squirt liquid Valium in my mouth, i wouldn't even know i was tapering.

Everyone should do what they can but I found I can do more than I thought...I was freaked out to get on the treadmill and today I ran like I used to, same speed, same sweat. Every day I add a few more minutes and this week should be back at 45 mins of running, the old me.

Isn't that what we all want? The "old" us?

Just wanted to share that - it has helped me  A LOT.

Hi Eliza!

This is a good article about exercise and Anxiety. I noticed myself that if I exercise rigorously it ramps up my sxs. If I do it gentle not much so.

Miguel

https://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety/myths/rigorous-exercise-can-reduce-and-cure-anxiety-disorder.shtml

That's a good explenation indeed. Wush she would go a bit deeper like explaining WHY it happens.

The body releases stress-hormones like adrenaline and cortisol during exercise. If you already are anxious then that will only increase your symptoms.

Hi Eliza!

This is a good article about exercise and Anxiety. I noticed myself that if I exercise rigorously it ramps up my sxs. If I do it gentle not much so.

Miguel

https://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety/myths/rigorous-exercise-can-reduce-and-cure-anxiety-disorder.shtml

That's a good explenation indeed.

The body releases stress-hormones like adrenaline and cortisol during exercise. If you already are anxious then that will only increase your symptoms.

Hi Eliza!

Miguel

It should be stressed that this increase during exercise is very temporary. During, couple hours after maybe. Overall exercise significantly decreases stress hormones and anxiety. Study after study shows this. Do it anyway, we should all know anxiety won’t kill us by now, or this forum wouldn’t exist  ::)

Hi Eliza!

Miguel

It should be stressed that this increase during exercise is very temporary. During, couple hours after maybe. Overall exercise significantly decreases stress hormones and anxiety. Study after study shows this. Do it anyway, we should all know anxiety won’t kill us by now, or this forum wouldn’t exist  ::)

Good advice!!