Ok going to try this

[te...]

0.5 mg Ativan tablet

5ml of 80 proof vodka

45 ml of water

That gives me one day , I then pull out my dose of  30 ml from my 10 ml dropper and 1 ml from my 1 ml dropper and split that into my 3 daily doses .

Hold there for a week and start to drop 01 , 02 and so on in my 1 ml dropper ever day?

That would mean in 10 days I would go from 31ml to 30 ml ?

Does that all sound right

0.5 mg Ativan tablet

5ml of 80 proof vodka

45 ml of water

That gives me one day , I then pull out my dose of  30 ml from my 10 ml dropper and 1 ml from my 1 ml dropper and split that into my 3 daily doses .

Hold there for a week and start to drop 01 , 02 and so on in my 1 ml dropper ever day?

That will work, but 1) making a single dose each day is labor intensive, and 2) "pull and discard" is a silly way to take any medicine.

JMHO.

thank you builder,

I realize that but for now thats the only way I can understand it.

Suppose your doc gave you a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instructions were "Take 10 tsp the first day, then reduce the dose by 1 tsp each day".

You would measure out and take 10 tsp on day 1, 9 tsp on day 2, 8 tsp on day 3, etc.  That's a daily liquid taper.

But...any way you do it, it will work better than a dry/tablet taper.

0.5 mg Vatican tablet

5ml of 80 proof vodka

45 ml of water

This sounds fine. You are "pulling" out your doses not "pulling & discarding" anything :thumbsup:

I made a fresh batch everyday too.

btw, you only need 1ml of of vodka for .5mg Ativan.

There are many different methods for creating an Ativan solution, tech21.  The more people you ask - and you've asked frequently of myself and others - the more variations you'll get. 

Don't get overwhelmed. Choose an approach you believe in. This is really simple. You can do this.

As Nike says, Just Do It:thumbsup:

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Sierra7

You are right.  I apologize just so nervous about getting it right never want to feel like I did when I cut too fast !

Thank you

Sierra7

You are right.  I apologize just so nervous about getting it right never want to feel like I did when I cut too fast !

Thank you

No need to apologize, tech21.  :)  The good news about trying this with Ativan, as opposed to long acting benzos with active metabolites, is you'll know whether it's working or not within a day or two.  So, you're not risking a lot of time in trying this. 

Once you get all your tools, take a practice run with just water until you're comfortable performing each step in the process before you create your actual Ativan solution.

xo,

There are many different methods for creating an Ativan solution, tech21.  The more people you ask - and you've asked frequently of myself and others - the more variations you'll get. 

Don't get overwhelmed. Choose an approach you believe in. This is really simple. You can do this.

As Nike says, Just Do It:thumbsup:

xo,

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi teach21,

I'm still trying to stabilize and wrap my head around a workable taper plan. It's likely that I will take an approach similar to the one you are taking. One day at a time just feels like there is less chance of errors (at least to start off) in my head.

Good for you on getting a plan figured out and locking in the key ideas. I hope it goes really well and that you'll share your experiences.

LA

Thanks Lilyann

It’s very scary to make change if your not sure of how it will go . Going to think on it and decide . Really think it might be for the best the lower I go . Very hard to spend hours st the scale weighing over and over . It becomes its own sickness .

Thank you for your kind words .

Wishing you well .

Yeah. I'm scared too. I try to think about the liquid taper and go brain foggy. But, I'm pretty certain that's what I need to do. I could even out the doses and make smaller reductions. I just don't feel confident about my measuring and reduction calculations after really doing a wonked taper to this point. I'm sure pulling for you whatever route you decide to go, and it sounds like I'm thinking a lot of the same things.