Once or twice a day dosing for Valium Taper

[...]

Hi all,

I am currently at 3.75mg of Valium down from 7.5mg after switching from Lorazepam.

My question is whether once a day or twice a day dosing is better(morning and night)?

I take my Valium in the evening in roughly dived doses approximately 1 - 2 hours apart, followed by 30mg of Mertazipine(next mission to taper).

As I have progressed in my taper my symptoms have been progressively getting worse. I have had periods of feeling quite well, but that was around 4.5mg of Valium.

I am dry cutting at the moment with month long holds for a .5mg drop(.25mg per two weeks)

I know Valium has a long half life but wanted other thoughts and experiences before making any adjustments.

I have had neurotransmitter testing(Urine) done around 5 months ago. All levels were below bottom end of adult optimal range. Serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, noradrenaline and adrenaline all low. Gaba was very, very low.

Also any suggestions on supplements which I know is a contentious issue with some for and against.

My worst symptoms currently are dizzy/spaced out and detached feelings, plus mainly left sided head pressure.

Thanks for any advice.

Many folks do just fine on 1X day with diazepam.  I switched ti 1X day when I got down to 3mg and had no problem.  The real reason diazepam is usually Rx'd at 2X day is NOT because of any concerns about interdose WD, but to spread the strong sedative effect over 2 doses instead of one big hit.

You would probably be fine at 1X, but isn't 2X just about as easy anyway.