Author Topic: Anxiety and Klonopin Withdrawal Success?  (Read 437 times)

[Buddie]

Anxiety and Klonopin Withdrawal Success?
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:45:03 am »
Hi, I'm new here and have spent hours looking for success stories from people who actually got on Klonopin for anxiety rather than insomnia or some other reason. I have come across stories from people who developed anxiety while on it but that isn't why they got on it in the first place.

Anyone know of a success story that just wasn't written about? I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

I tried cutting down from .5 mg about four months ago. I got down to .25 and was doing quite well for a couple of weeks and then I started having 12 hour long panic attacks. I put up with that for about a week before going back to .5 mg, but .5 mg was no longer working and I'm allowed 1mg/day, so I took another .5 and that also didn't work. So for the first time ever the klonopin stopped working and for all I know it's now making things worse.

Anyway, any Klonopin/anxiety success stories out there?

Oh I should add that I started Klonopin about 25 years ago and during the last 9 years I have taken it daily.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:12:48 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anxiety and Klonopin Withdrawal Success?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:57:09 pm »
Hi butterfly,

Success is a subjective concept on here I think so be warned.

I was on Clonazepam for 7+ months at 0.5mg for anxiety and panic attacks and tapered over four weeks (why so quick? ignorance).

Now in M7 and the symptoms come and go, wax and wane as Ashton says. So some days I feel like a total success and some I feel like itís never going to end. And anxiety is not often one of my symptoms, even though it is today.

I am eating good food, no alcohol, exercising well, sleeping for 8+ hours per night (not always as restfully as Iíd like due to limb pulsing) and meditating and using CBT. So I reckon Iím doing it the right way now but itís still with me. But IT IS BETTER THAN IT WAS.

I have just about accepted that itís non-linear in its recession but what is linear is that over time it improves, so every day is a day closer to the end.

My view is that off must be better than on so I would suggest reviewing Ashton for a tapering schedule and as Ashton says ďproceed in good heartĒ

Good luck, Iím sure you can do it. Itís a goal worth fighting for and nothing worth fighting for ever came easy. And some days itís harder for me to say that than others.

Back to your question. I think my story is a success story because Iíve never gone back on them. As for total success - not yet.

G

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »
This is great, thank you. Did you start your taper while you were still dealing with anxiety or had that subsided first?

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:50:28 pm »
The Clonazepam stopped my anxiety and panic attacks with the first tablet. It was a miracle tablet and I should have realised it would have a big downside. But my neurologist said otherwise and I believed him. Mistake.

I was lucky then that my anxiety had stopped. If you still have yours I donít know what to advise

Have you read Ashton? You absolutely must.

Let me know how you get on.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:17:40 pm »
I have yet to read the Ashton manual but I will soon. I also found Klonopin to be a miracle drug in the beginning. Looking back I really only needed a few doses to get over a serious panic attack caused by another prescribed drug. Of course I didn't know that back that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »
B,

Thatís a common story.

I have another suggestion for you. Search for Sofakingdone and then have a good read of her advice (there is a lot of it!). I found it priceless and I am sure you will do too.

I will be here if you need anything and you can PM me if you wish.

Love the photo btw

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 12:00:01 am »
 :smitten:

Hi Butterfly ~

Yes, I took Klonopin for anxiety for years and years.  Towards the end I was taking 2 - 3 mg per day and am currently taking .25 and every once in awhile I take a .5.

The year of tapering was a total nightmare with every symptom under the sun.  My anxiety multiplied times a million and I had vertigo so bad i could hardly walk.  I was put on Lexapro to help stabilize me,  but recently realized this was the cause of my on going anxiety.  As I tapered the lex down to .5 mg my anxiety began to dissipate, and I am happy to say I am totally off the Lexapro.  It never worked for me and made me worse!!!

I take L-theanine, and magnesium which I studied off you tube videos etc and they both really help me.  I take Ibuprofen for my back pain at night.

I have yet to write a success store as I am still taking small amount of K.  One day I may be totally off this but in the meantime I am at least enjoying life. 

Wish you the best and feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks,  Wolfie    :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 12:58:24 am »
Hi, I'm new here and have spent hours looking for success stories from people who actually got on Klonopin for anxiety rather than insomnia or some other reason. I have come across stories from people who developed anxiety while on it but that isn't why they got on it in the first place.

Anyone know of a success story that just wasn't written about? I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

I tried cutting down from .5 mg about four months ago. I got down to .25 and was doing quite well for a couple of weeks and then I started having 12 hour long panic attacks. I put up with that for about a week before going back to .5 mg, but .5 mg was no longer working and I'm allowed 1mg/day, so I took another .5 and that also didn't work. So for the first time ever the klonopin stopped working and for all I know it's now making things worse.

Anyway, any Klonopin/anxiety success stories out there?

Oh I should add that I started Klonopin about 25 years ago and during the last 9 years I have taken it daily.

Hi [...]. I'm not completely healed yet, but I'm almost there, after 22.5 months off Klonopin and Wellbutrin. I took Klonopin for anxiety for 9 years. I actually started on Ativan, but was quickly switched for the longer half-life benzo.

I consider myself about 90% healed. I'm still figuring out how to deal with all my mental issues without medication, but I'm definitely getting there. I started going to therapy again and it's really helped me work through the issues that led me to meds in the first place. Exercise has been amazing for me as well.

Almost all of my physical symptoms have eased up or disappeared completely. Some of the mental symptoms have eased up as well; it's getting better with time and counseling. Although this healing is definitely non-linear, I have, overall, gotten much better.

One thing I believe helped me immensely was executing a slow, self-paced taper. I took 13 months to go from 1.5mg/day to .125mg/day. I held my doses until I felt as stable as possible. By the time I was at the lowest dose for 2 weeks, I decided to just jump. It's difficult for sure, but my story isn't as intense as countless others here. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm not ready to write a success story just yet, but I am experiencing plenty of success. I just wanted to share with you. Hang in there!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 03:41:55 am »
I took Clonazepam, generic form, for 16 months from May 2017- July 2018. I just hit 10 months off and you can see my taper in my signature. 😊 Anxiety and panic attacks are almost non existent since I stopped taking the meds.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 01:56:18 pm »
I have yet to read the Ashton manual but I will soon. I also found Klonopin to be a miracle drug in the beginning. Looking back I really only needed a few doses to get over a serious panic attack caused by another prescribed drug. Of course I didn't know that back that.
Yeah, same with me. It seemed like a miracle drug at first. I took it for 11 years for severe anxiety and panic attacks until I became completely tolerant. Then, it would not work no matter how much I took.