Author Topic: What has helped you the most?  (Read 2331 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What has helped you the most?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 06:27:50 pm »
@Heardaybenz yes yes yes!! I love This, thank you! I too have started taking free guided meditation classes at a local Buddhist monastery and while Iím finding it EXTREMELY hard to get through the entire hour of mediation, I find a lot of peace in the teachings and mantras. I have also recently started going to Kundalini yoga and itís so powerful! Life changing for sure!

Wow! You're the first person on here that has responded that's even heard of Kundalini, let alone is practicing it! It's pretty great, huh?! I love it, even though there are a lot of moments in there that I wonder to myself if I've joined a cult! (the chanting and the singing.. haha). But the postures and breath work in it are specifically designed to strengthen the nervous system, and it seems to really work! Yes.. I too find it nearly impossible to get through an entire hour of meditation. I usually just do like 5-10 minutes of meditation a day on my own. Even that little seems to help a ton.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:01:10 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 09:08:35 pm »
@Heardaybenz yes yes yes!! I love This, thank you! I too have started taking free guided meditation classes at a local Buddhist monastery and while Iím finding it EXTREMELY hard to get through the entire hour of mediation, I find a lot of peace in the teachings and mantras. I have also recently started going to Kundalini yoga and itís so powerful! Life changing for sure!

Wow! You're the first person on here that has responded that's even heard of Kundalini, let alone is practicing it! It's pretty great, huh?! I love it, even though there are a lot of moments in there that I wonder to myself if I've joined a cult! (the chanting and the singing.. haha). But the postures and breath work in it are specifically designed to strengthen the nervous system, and it seems to really work! Yes.. I too find it nearly impossible to get through an entire hour of meditation. I usually just do like 5-10 minutes of meditation a day on my own. Even that little seems to help a ton.

Hahaha yes! Sometimes I sit in class and look around and wonder "what the heck is going on in here?!" but something about the breathwork and mantras, I just feel transported to a place of peace if even temporarily and I feel like it helps my meditation practice as well. Im really looking forward to getting deeper into the practice.

The quote I took from this mornings practice which I thought is so applicable to all of us on here Ö. "The path to happiness is to train the mind." - Yogi Bhajan.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
Sleep (if you can), celery juice, distractions, and getting out of your dwelling place periodically (at least once per week), and trying to move around (if you can't exercise) as opposed to just laying in bed or on the couch.  Also Benedryl and Melatonin (fast melt melatonin 3mg at Walmart)  L Lysine is good for lots of things, too.  It's supposed to help balance hormones which affect the mental stuff.  Also fiber and nutritious foods at least included in the diet.

Kindly,
j

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 08:19:45 pm »
1) My slightly above average intellect with the propensity to connect the major dots very fast, and also analyze.
2) Bouts when my selfishness steers off track to the point I rediscover primordial empathy and trust at its purest (doesn't stick though  :sick:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 03:37:40 pm »
I walk an hour a day broken up into 30 minute sessions .
 This is done at the stables I am now located at in SoCal . They are open and airy and it is a very large ranch . My mares love it and I do too . I walked at the last place where we were also but this is better . I walked 5 miles a day before W/D and I think I probably walk 1-2 miles now . Funny thing is that I am in a wheelchair most of the time if I am not moving . Moving for some reason keeps my heart rate way down , when I stop it goes back up .
 The horses were my job also and it helps me to stay around work even if I can't work right now , I get ideas how I can adapt or possibly come back .
 I practice meditation with the  Yogoda Satsanga Society of India . I like that alot .
 Moving back home to SoCal was the best thing emotionally.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 12:10:23 pm »
Exercise for me, 100% I believe it has saved my life. When Im working really hard physically, it takes my mind off the mental torture. You cant focus on both at once :) When Im dripping in sweat I visualize sweating all of the poison out of my body. Even when I don't feel like it, I force myself to go Ö there have been days when Ive laid on my yoga mat crying in the back of class, and there are days when Im amazed at how physically fit I have gotten over the past year. Its amazing what our bodies can endure. Exercise is natures antidepressant and for me, it has helped to be around other people who are working on a positive life style. I understand we are all different and in different places in our journey but that has been my experience.

I also use an app called "Calm" that has guided meditations specifically for anxiety and depression and that has helped me a lot. They also have what they call bedtime stories which has helped me immensely when I cant sleep. When my mind is racing at night, I turn on one of those stories and I focus on the story and it has helped SO MUCH!

Sending you good vibes !!!
I second the use of apps like Calm to help with anxiety. I use Pzizz, and it has been a Godsend. 🙂

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 09:09:37 pm »
I walk an hour a day broken up into 30 minute sessions .
 This is done at the stables I am now located at in SoCal . They are open and airy and it is a very large ranch . My mares love it and I do too . I walked at the last place where we were also but this is better . I walked 5 miles a day before W/D and I think I probably walk 1-2 miles now . Funny thing is that I am in a wheelchair most of the time if I am not moving . Moving for some reason keeps my heart rate way down , when I stop it goes back up .
 The horses were my job also and it helps me to stay around work even if I can't work right now , I get ideas how I can adapt or possibly come back .
 I practice meditation with the  Yogoda Satsanga Society of India . I like that alot .
 Moving back home to SoCal was the best thing emotionally.

I agree in that I think liking where you live does help quite a bit.

Kindly,
j

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 01:36:08 pm »
Kale juice - brings me out of a "wave"!
Dave.  8)

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 10:34:12 pm »

I just started doing Kundalini and I agree 100%!
Its amazing. The breath work is so cool. It really works on the nervous system and clearing out bad energy. I would never have done this a few years ago, but now I am ALL in. It does feel a little bit like a cult! I have studied Buddhism off/on for years and am now fully embracing these eastern practices. They are really wonderful.

But its true, sometimes it hard to do too much at once. As our nervous system heals, we will be capable of so much more.

OOOOMMMM  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2019, 06:38:52 am »
Hi everyone!

I'd like to ask you a question about exercise. I have been doing P90X, Insanity and other home-based exercise programs for years. Something in my mind "swiched off" that need for exercising. Now I feel very weak (I could pump 20+ pullups at the time and around 50 pushups). I think I could reach the same level of strenght BUT

I feel aweful after an intense workout. I usually have to drink a pre-workout supplement which boost me up to endure a workout, but after it I shake, my whole body is itching and I don't feel comfortable at all. I have used to love the musclefibre, now it is not pleasuble at all. Also, my heart pressure goes up and I don't feel well days afterwards.

Do you think this has anything to do with my benzo tapper? I really don't like that feeling that post-exercise puts me in.  :-\