Author Topic: What has helped you the most?  (Read 2595 times)

[Buddie]

What has helped you the most?
« on: April 09, 2019, 01:05:03 am »
What has helped you the most with the mental symptoms?  Is time the only thing or are there other things that can be done?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: What has helped you the most?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:13:33 am »
Exercise has dramatically helped me mentally.  I do it as much and as often as I can and the mental benefits really kick in when I push myself hard.  It erases all the mental pain for up to a few hours after I finish.  The benefits are starting to spill over between workouts now too.  Eating super healthy helps too.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:14:12 am »
Agree...exercise is a game changer.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 07:25:09 pm »
But for me this one time i worked out for 45min, then jogged 15min. I couldn't sleep that night, and next day i was destroyed with weakness, dizzy, and sleepy.
(I didn't even push myself that much. I just worked out full body fast, to get me going) Should i just try bicycle calm, then do some calm workouts for 30min max? I find it boring to not be able to push hard though...was almost a bodybuilder as a teen :D

To your question. The most things that helped me was jogging, seriously that fixes me.
Also "Inositol" and "black seed oil" those have been miracles.
Other things to support my GABA has been Taurine, and Valerian root, also as many chamomille tea i want. It's kind of nice to drink them, like a ritual. L-theanine too is very good!
For energy i would recommend Maca root, make a tea of it, stir with spoon, and drink so you get the powder in.
Also meditation is a big deal breaker here!! It's harder to do it in withdrawals, but once you get the hang of it, do not leave it. Continue!

I'm thinking to try CBD oil, or BPC-157 peptide, not sure of these ones though. I don't like the idea of throwing in more stuff, without knowing what or who caused the side effects..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:35:07 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:56:21 pm »
This is unfortunately a question that is so unique, itís hard to answer. If I tried half of some of the things other suggested, Iíd be sick 24/7. If half the people tried my methods, theyíd be sick 24/7. Everyoneís journey is so much trial and error, itís hard to give advice.
However, I agree with excercise. While a pain at first, the long term benefits are worth it. I canít take ANY supplements, I have to eat a Whole Foods plant based diet so cover all my bases. Outside of that, time is all thatís helped. Time and a lot of self care.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 03:51:38 pm »
When I started to feel overall better and be able to go outside after acute: Staying busy, distract, socialize, push myself out of the mental loop and challenge my thoughts.
Also not dwelling too much on my symptoms with others and faking it.

From september til the end of december I couldnít watch TV, read, sleep well or go outside without freaking out. At this time I was just reading success stories here and did positive self talk as much as I could.

It really depends on what youíre able to do in the moment.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 01:27:46 am »
Distract was best thing for my mental sx find something keep your mind busy project of some sort what ever your into i rebuilt 2 motors and remodeled bath room just because it made mental go away why i was doing it just pace your self

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:14:31 am »
What has helped you the most?

1. Transcendental meditation
2. Light to moderate aerobic exercise on a stationary bike

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 09:21:18 am »
This is unfortunately a question that is so unique, itís hard to answer. If I tried half of some of the things other suggested, Iíd be sick 24/7. If half the people tried my methods, theyíd be sick 24/7. Everyoneís journey is so much trial and error, itís hard to give advice.
However, I agree with excercise. While a pain at first, the long term benefits are worth it. I canít take ANY supplements, I have to eat a Whole Foods plant based diet so cover all my bases. Outside of that, time is all thatís helped. Time and a lot of self care.
I also eat a WFPB diet. John McDougall has a wonderful forum. I am a member there but do not post often. I go there to mostly read. I eat mostly how Dr. Joel Fuhrman advocates however.
How long have you been eating WFPB and why did you make the change from SAD?

https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 09:24:01 am »
Exercise has dramatically helped me mentally.  I do it as much and as often as I can and the mental benefits really kick in when I push myself hard.  It erases all the mental pain for up to a few hours after I finish.  The benefits are starting to spill over between workouts now too.  Eating super healthy helps too.

This

And 5htp for me