Benzo free for 7 years today

[je...]

I check into BenzoBuddies at least once a year and especially on my anniversary, April 8, 2012. For people who are suffering from indescribable benzo pain, I know that you will get better. Health is our natural state. However, during the years on benzos and many attempts to withdraw, I experienced hell on earth compounded by the lack of understanding of everyone but our buddies. My husband was a brick, but he could not grasp the pain I felt. He was kind and supportive and I am grateful for his love during this impossible period of withdrawal and recovery. The good news is that I am totally well, almost 77 years old, still working, and enjoying the beauty and joy of life. The only thing that helped ease my pain was exercise. If you can, exercise-walk, swim, work on  machines. I was fortunate that I maintained physical stamina, but my mental and emotional health were in bad shape. I wish you all a full recovery, and I love you all because I know who you are. You are courageous to work through your pain to get well, and the only way out is through.

That is so lovely to hear and I am so glad you are feeling well again.  I think I would have fared better had I not been stuck in bed for 5 years but am now managing to swim and walk a little bit.  I am so glad you had your husband through it all.  Best wishes for the future.

Great update! Thanks for posting and congratulations on your success!

"The only thing that helped ease my pain was exercise. If you can, exercise-walk, swim, work on  machines."

I could not agree more - exercise has helped me SO much while I taper. The days I did nothing, my symptoms were the worst. No matter how bad I feel, I work out every morning and it helps so much!

Very inspiring to read your story!

Thanks for all the kind words and message of hope. I'm so grateful for BenzoBuddies, and I know that I could not have recovered without this forum because I did not understand what happened to me. I came here for information and found out about the clinical issues related to benzo use. I appreciate the medical information that is posted here because it explains what happens to us in relation to benzos. Also, BB gave me a lot of friends, tons of love and support. We are all getting well!

This is just lovely. How wonderful for you to have come out of this to the other side! You have reminded me how important exercise is in recovery. I will try to start up again. Thank you for coming back and please come post again at your next anniversary.

Becky :smitten:

Dear Jennieh,

Thank you for coming back to share your good health! Your story has been a favorite of mine and hearing from you again is a gift. I'm so pleased you are doing well.

At nearly four years free I am much better yet still slip into deep waves. My task is to know this is common and will eventually fade. It is easy to forget wellness is coming when you feel ill. Thank you for the needed reminder. Enjoy your good health dear Jennieh!

Warmly,

Carita :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

I check into BenzoBuddies at least once a year and especially on my anniversary, April 8, 2012. For people who are suffering from indescribable benzo pain, I know that you will get better. Health is our natural state. However, during the years on benzos and many attempts to withdraw, I experienced hell on earth compounded by the lack of understanding of everyone but our buddies. My husband was a brick, but he could not grasp the pain I felt. He was kind and supportive and I am grateful for his love during this impossible period of withdrawal and recovery. The good news is that I am totally well, almost 77 years old, still working, and enjoying the beauty and joy of life. The only thing that helped ease my pain was exercise. If you can, exercise-walk, swim, work on  machines. I was fortunate that I maintained physical stamina, but my mental and emotional health were in bad shape. I wish you all a full recovery, and I love you all because I know who you are. You are courageous to work through your pain to get well, and the only way out is through.

This made my day. Thank you soo much :mybuddy:

May you have a wonderful life, benzo-free...