Heat

[Fr...]

Can someone help me understand how coming off Klonopin can be dangerous while out in the summer heat.

I went biking Thursday last week and it was around 76 degrees Fahrenheit. I biked 43 miles that day. I felt GREAT. Before heading home I stopped off and had a big lunch with friends (sat in the sun) then biked home. As I was getting close to home I came to a stop light and my heart was racing SUPER fast and my pulse was pounding in my head. (The pounding of the head was what was most concerning)

I don't know what to point the finger at. 1. 76 degrees is not hot. 2. I don't normally eat a big meal while biking. 3. And for me 43 miles is not a lot. 4. Then I thought maybe it is this tapering off K. But I don't understand how coming off the med is affecting me?

Very troubling as I ride most in the summer. I was hydrating and taking extra precautions. It was just the last 5 miles of my ride where my pulse was pounding in my head that concerned me. I tried googling it, but that never helps.

I biked 36 miles yesterday, it was 74, no lunch and I did just fine (Other than being worried the pulse in my head would happen again).  ???

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like fatigue.  Were you in direct sunlight?  Did you use sunblock?  That can put a load on your already stressed system.  I’ve been having a little trouble adjusting as warmer weather comes on where I am.

Sounds like fatigue.  Were you in direct sunlight?  Did you use sunblock?  That can put a load on your already stressed system.  I’ve been having a little trouble adjusting as warmer weather comes on where I am.

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes I was in the direct sun, my friends insisted in sitting outside to eat "because it was so pretty" (we sat there for over an hour). I personally wanted to sit inside.

I did have Sunblock on but I did not reapply. The meal I had was very salty too. And as I mentioned, I rarely eat big meals. (I usually carry snacks i.e. protein bars with me).

I am trying to take it easier. I'm doing 55 miles less a week and not riding as fast. And that's mainly because I have increased muscle weakness "jelly-legs" that I do blame on the K taper.

I think you're right. Fatigue is affecting me since K taper.  :-\

Thank you again