Author Topic: Morning anxiety...  (Read 320 times)

[Buddie]

Morning anxiety...
« on: April 08, 2019, 03:08:31 pm »
So the good news is that Iím clean of Klonopin. The other news is that my morning anxiety levels have decreased significantly but have not stopped completely. The morning anxiety was a symptom that lasted throughout my taper so I am not surprised it remains.
It isnít severe and mostly consists of intrusive negative thinking and a jittery/ wired feeling but it is enough to be uncomfortable. Evenings are fine.
Does anybody have any advice/ tricks / ideas or experience with the morning jitters. I am thankful it is no worse than it is, but if I can make it even better I will  :)

I had mixed results with magnesium and I can take an antihistamine before bed which does seem to ease the mornings, but it leaves me groggy. Also, if I take antihistamines more than a few days consecutively  I have side effects like headache, dry mouth, irritation etc...
Always grateful for input!
Wishing all the buddies out there peace of mind and strength. 🙏🏻
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Morning anxiety...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:47:05 am »
Hi! The morning anxiety is my biggest enemy. I hope it will pass! Antihistamines are also addictive, I'm afraid to take constantly. Hold on! Hugs!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.