I never learn

[Fo...]

Family bash at my place last night was Chinese Take in.

I had vowed never to eat chinese again but weakened.

Result-----  Little sleep, dry as a fig and cracking headache.

What a plonker.!

Dick

Haha, i know the feeling.

I always cave in to Chinese food when my family orders it, especially the smell gets to me.

I pay for it with anxiety and joint pain soon after consuming a meal high in MSG.

Well, the eggrolls are okay. Now I rather cook Asian food at home and use Total Aminos by Braggs (you can find it Walmart) and is a great replacement for soy sauce; it gives you the same flavor and is so much healthier. You can it use for other dishes as well. I made a delicious  Kale/white bean soup yesterday and put a dash of the aminos and it was yummy.

I used to cook when looking after Pam, but don’t now, I get meals for one or largely just eat vegetables.

Since starting reducing Seroquel I am permanently queasy!

Onwards and upwards

Dickie

Soly,

Thank you for the soy sauce replacement.  I’ll be glad when I’m cooking again.  I’m concerned about not feeling the heat and balance issues.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Ha lol yes chicken curry to right. I used to think msg was an urban legend in benzo folklore. The next day it affects me I'm very dehydrated and feel like an out of it feeling. They are so addictive 2. I was literraly scoffing the last one down for the taste cravings. So fast that I burnt the my mouth and got a blood blister.

Also yesterday I ate three packets of fruity chewy sweets and a packet of honeycomb. I wont be doing that again. I can take sugar but not quite that amount in one sitting. I felt terrible for two hours.

Hi Forty: I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I also feel that I don't ever learned my lesson. My sleep was okay up until last week until I tried to drink a Sprite Zero. I had topped drinking sodas (especially caffeinated ones) for months. Then after drinking the soda almost every night my sleep is broken like in acute. Then I realized that this particular soda is full with Aspartame. So I am blaming to it. This is so discouraging for me because I haven't been sleeping three hours a night only. Big mistake! Stay away form aspartame!

• 1 month later...
Hey, im about 18 months free and i ate some panda express orange chicken a couple days ago...I feel like i am almost right back to where i was 10 months ago...I had no idea this could triggered like this again. I think it was the chicken that did this...this is the only rhing different i have done lately. Oh crap...well, here we go again...hope it doesnt last too long this time

Faugh! I was sensitive to MSG before this, can't imagine how it would be now. Always irritates me when I see an article on how MSG poisoning/sensitivity is a myth.

I would always drink a bunch of hot tea with dinner at an Asian place...seems to help run out the MSG. Of course, I can't have caffeine now, so there's that.

Also, a remedy for MSG is cream of tartar, dissolved in water. Nothing I'd drink for pleasure, but does the trick if you're on MSG overload.

Arena there any asian restaurants that cook without MSG and other sh...?

I am happy, I have a japanese restaurant near where I  live and they cook wonderful, a traditional kitchen. Last time I was shy and asked if they would do something gluten-free also.. and then they did. Love them.

(I am in Germany)