Wellness / Rehab / help centers

[Pe...]

Hello Board,

Not much of a poster but thought I would throw this out to the group.  I'm seriously considering a wellness/ rehab to get my mental health and Benzo taper full time attention.  But I don't want to go to a place that with quickly detox me or not understand the Benzo issues.  Are there any good recommendations for facilities others have tried or know about that address whole health and help taper off the Benzo in a clinical setting?  Thanks in advance

If you live in the U.S., it's probably better to taper at home.  Those of us who have gone to American "detox" centers have mostly had very bad, even devastating experiences.  These are money making companies, who "taper" patients for a week or less usually, perhaps as much as two weeks, and then discharge them, usually with no follow up and horrible, unrelenting symptoms.  That's what happened to me 10 years ago, and I reinstated because the symptoms were so hellish.

There may be better places in other countries, I don't know.  I'm moving this to the Cold Turkey, Detox Board.  Please read others' posts there and read the warning at the top of the board.  Slow tapering, which is best done at home, is almost always the best way to get off benzos.

:smitten:

The detox rehab facilities in australia go the rapid detox route too.  :(

There is no money to be made in having people detox slowly.  Insurance companies would resist, imo.

There is a vested interest by the pharmaceutical industry (these drugs are safe), and the insurance companies (don't want to pay for long term) alike,  in maintaining the view that people can be off these drugs rapidly. 

Money talks, research walks. 

Dee

Rehab may be better for your mental health, difficult for benzo withdrawal (most are rapid withdrawal).

Please keep us posted as to what you choose and how you are doing

We will heal.  Recovery is not linear.

SS

Yes, Sara Sue, Pelota.  Totally agree, rehab can be very useful for mental health, the company of others, support.  I just wish they did not rapid taper.    :(

Did not wish to take the 💰 route entirely, as do know having support is so very important. 

Dee x

What is the "$ route"?

Yes I do not have support.  Has anyone ever been able to get on plane, relocate, stay with friend for months?  Of course all those changes would be really stressful and would not have much control of things on other end...  ?