It’s been very ugly..... BUT..... I got this beast!!

[...]

Ok, so I’m 61 years old, 20 years on Klonipin, 23 years of sobriety in AA and I’m physically fit. I swear this drug wants to kill me if it can’t have me!! I started tapering off of 2.5 mg in February, I know I pushed it way to hard...... how do I know????? I have been in the hospital overnight, I’ve got a cardiologist now 🤷🏻‍♂️, and if I have been lucky enough to sleep I was waking up in terrible sweats. It’s been 10 days since I’ve had anything and I’m just beginning to think I may live through this crap! It totally had felt like my heart was going to beat until my chest exploded 24/7!! I’ve been wanting to post something here but was sure y’all would tell me to slow down. Anyways I’m just really grateful right now....... so happy I’m going to beat this and not have a heart attack in the meantime. Even though I don’t share much here I’ve been grateful that this site, and all of you have been here. I had no idea how debilitating the withdrawals would be. Thank God and all of you 💟🥳💟

I am very glad that I found my soul! twenty-three years of sobriety in AA is so cool!!! You are a great example and hope for me! Hello from Russia. A big Hello from our group of AA! I'm so happy for you that it's time to get rid of benzo! May God bless you!

AIA,

A beast is so true!  Congratulations!  I also feel as if benzos are trying to kill me (in withdrawal).  The sxs you describe are so normal.  This loud thumping heart is maddening; however, I’m trying to be grateful it is still beating at 3+ months since Xanax jump.

You’ve got this.  Keep us posted.

SaraSue :smitten:

• 1 month later...