Does anyone have experience with Ativan to Librium?

[Ca...]

Hello,

I have been on Ativan, 3mgs daily, for 20+ years.  My provider now wants me to taper off. She wants to switch me to Librium, since I can not tolerate Valium, and taper me off the Librium.

I have never taken Librium before.  Does anymore have any experience with it?  Has anyone been switched to it from Ativan?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Very scared.

Thank you!

Hello,

I have been on Ativan, 3mgs daily, for 20+ years.  My provider now wants me to taper off. She wants to switch me to Librium, since I can not tolerate Valium, and taper me off the Librium.

I have never taken Librium before.  Does anymore have any experience with it?  Has anyone been switched to it from Ativan?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Very scared.

Thank you!

Hello,

I switched from a very high dose of Xanax to Librium back in August last year, Librium has worked for me, however be very careful about cutting

doses too quickly, I tapered way to fast and I paid the price, and I continue to pay the price its now been 8 months that I've been on Librium starting

at 50mg / day and now pretty stable at 15mg / day, due to my intense work travel schedule I found that I'm unable to taper any further at this time

so I'll be patient and listen to my body before I cut any further, depending on what conversion table you use, Librium is much weaker than all the other

Benzo's so make sure you take the right amount to make the transition as smooth as possible and taper very slowly, as always listen to your body and

and don't get into a rush during your tapering, I was on Ativan and Valium for a short period of time prior to Librium and neither one worked for me, Librium has worked I just wish I would have tapered much slower.

Good Health to You !

Kind Regards

Terry