Did anyone CT and relapse few days after?

[Ud...]

My wife CT diazepam after ~4 weeks, and 5 days after relapsed back to ~10 mg and a bit less (see my signature below).

It seems to me that she is suffering from the sudden stop. She has anxiety and panic non-stop.

She was on 8.75 mg for about 3 weeks after, and now starting taper.

Did anyone stopped and returned on Benzo in short period of time?

Does it help or make withdrawal symptoms worse?

Should she start taper now? She relapse to a smaller dose (8.75 mg instead of 15 mg)

Thanks in advance for your reply

I'm so sorry for your wife to be put in this situation by the doctor!

I was in a similar situation. Tapered off lexapro and was still dealing with some residual issues from that but was doing ok. Started valium 2.5mg for a severe back injury by several therapists. Only on 2.5mg for 5wks before fast tapering down to 0.4mg now. Have to slow down as the wd is brutal. I developed dependency only after couple 2.5mg pills. Been in extreme hell ever since starting valium and tapering off it.

Ppl with sensitized cns from these brain drugs can be extremely sensitive to more such drugs potentially can be very dangerous.

Tapering off is the right thing to do.

Thank you 4mom.

Be strong!! My heart is out for you

I worried that it will be hard for me to tell if the taper is too fast, that is because she suffering now probably due to the sudden stop about a month ago...

There is something called kindling that possibly happens when you go off and back on benzos more than once. Supposedly, this makes it harder to withdrawal. But there is no hard evidence for this, as far as I know, and is based on anecodotal information.

Your wife has to understand that as long as she is on a benzo, she will not start to heal from them. Tapers are encouraged because the only real danger of benzo WD is seizures. Some feel that tapers make things easier, but I don't know as I had to go CT off benzos and ADs. I would encourage your wife to continue to taper off slowly, despite any symptoms she may have. They can be miserable but you just have to get through it and move on to a healthier life.

Let us know how she does, and bless your heart for caring so much. She is lucky to have you.

east