Is Splitting Dose OK w DLMT, in this case?

[ma...]

Is Splitting Dose OK w DLMT, in this case?

SPLITTING DOSE OK in this case?

Need support and input. I haven't started to taper yet. Just taking full dose in a 150ml suspension I make nightly at home. I Plan to do a DLMT, but make the dose fresh each day.

Plan to use homemade (strained) chia seed water as a 150ml suspension agent with 15mg Temazepam capsules with DLMT.  Temazepam particles suspend in chia water much, much better than just water, visually to my eye. 

Note: Temazepam is only (very slightly soluble in water) and has a 8-22 hr half-life. It's a hypnotic drug. I think I read it's It's light sensitive.

I take 1x at night for sleep as prescribed for 8 years. Been suffering for years probably in bad tolerance & interpose withdrawal, as I feel worse as the day goes on.

Would the 150ml solution stay (stable) in Dark fridge for 16 hours, so I could split dose every 8 hrs? Could this help me with interdose withdrawal symptoms? Will the water break down the active ingredient in 16 hours?  Any experienced know if the drug will remain stable in strained chia seed water for 16 hrs?

Example:

11pm, 7am, 3pm, 11pm... etc..

In this case is it best to keep night dose larger, or split them evenly?

I’m using some coping skills that help --so I’m sleeping OK, 5-7 hrs.  I don't have to work right now.  Probably can't drive if take during day?

Benzo-off and other "Splitters" please chime in...

I have to switch Mfg on April 11. >:(   

Is it best if I hold after switching Mfg before I start to split the dose?  Then later start to taper?

Is there a rule of thumb based on the drug's half-life? This has NO metabolite, does that affect how to split?

What works for others? When and how did you split?

[28...]

Benzo-off and other "Splitters" please chime in...

I have to switch Mfg on April 11. >:(   

Is it best if I hold after switching Mfg before I start to split the dose?  Then later start to taper?

I would hold after you switch manufacturer's if you feel there is a difference in potency(lesser effect). If there is no change in how you feel once switched, then proceed to even out your doses. Once you feel stable after the switch, are evenly dosing, then start a slow reduction.

Is there a rule of thumb based on the drug's half-life? This has NO metabolite, does that affect how to split?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/temazepam

Temazepam. Temazepam is absorbed slowly after oral administration. Onset occurs within 20 to 30 minutes; however, peak plasma levels require 2 to 3 hours (whereas flurazepam reaches peak levels at 30 minutes to 1 hour). The mean plasma half-life is 10 hours, and there are no significant active metabolites.

Excretion: Urine 80%–90%, <1% unchanged

Metabolism: Liver

It is metabolized through the CYP3A4 enzyme, see link, page 2:

http://austinpublishinggroup.com/psychiatry-behavioral-sciences/download.php?file=fulltext/ajpbs-v3-id1054.pdf

The rule of thumb is how each individual feels. If one experiences inter-dose withdrawal symptoms, then evenly dividing doses will help with that. Temazepam is a hypnotic with a relatively short half life. If it were me, I would have switched to a longer acting benzo to taper as Temazepam is quite limiting.

What works for others? When and how did you split?

With short acting benzo's, more dosing is usually required to alleviate inter-dose withdrawal, even with longer acting benzo's, I still suggest evenly divided dosing as that is the objective: to maintain even benzo levels. You have to be able to gauge how you feel and when you need to dose. I am a proponent of evenly divided doses, however, everyone has to do what they feel is best for them.

Replied in bold above.

Benzo-off  & other Splitters, ;)

Good info and ideas. Some is quite scientific and over my head... so what are main things I need to know?

For Temazepam Enzyme stuff... what do I need to know?

fluexetine is the substrate. what does this means?

Inhibitor is gingko biloba (so avoid this?)

No Inducer  is listed ?

SPLITTING DOSES:

Temazepam = 10-20 hr half-life, & no active metabolite, so how best to split?

if take half the dose, every 12 hrs... Fear is body Freak-out and consider it a 50% cold turkey cut!

I'm taking Temaz as prescribed for sleep, 1x per nite, so this isn't STacking, is it?

After switch to new Mfg and feel stable  :thumbsup:

Is splitting evenly, every 8 hrs a good guess for Temazepam or split more often? Is it safe to start splitting into all extra doses the first day? Or somehow ease into it over days/weeks some how?

I feel so horrible most of the time, for years now...chronic severe burning pain- worse with pressure of sitting, standing, laying, and more.  I Sleep mostly OK, day times are worse as day goes on.

What works for others to get started with "Splitting" ?? I hope this helps me feel better. I can't imagine feeling worse.  I hope to stick with Temaz for DLMT and not X to Valium.  TIA

any thought, experience, input on how to split doses? Thank you kindly

If you want to do 4 doses/day...

put the full day's liquid dose in a measuring cup

top it up top 1 full cup with water (or juice,, etc)

drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

Good idea for measuring, Builder.

Again, If I take half dose at night, and half 12 hrs later, afraid my body think it's 50% cold turkey?

Based on 10-20hr half-life, how many doses to split for 15mg Temazepam?  Would split twice every 12 hrs be enough, at least to try it out?  split 3 times, every 8 hrs?  Rather not split 4X's cuz would have to wake up at night to take the last dose. 

Any thoughts? 

Good idea for measuring, Builder.

Again, If I take half dose at night, and half 12 hrs later, afraid my body think it's 50% cold turkey?

Based on 10-20hr half-life, how many doses to split for 15mg Temazepam?  Would split twice every 12 hrs be enough, at least to try it out?  split 3 times, every 8 hrs?  Rather not split 4X's cuz would have to wake up at night to take the last dose. 

Any thoughts?

Because of its long half-life, your body will never know the difference.  You could probably skip a whole day's dose and take it the next day, and never feel any difference.

Would Temazepam's Active Pharmacutical ingredients still be 100% dose-effective sitting in plain distilled water (or maybe chia seed water) away from "Light" in the fridge for 18 hrs to use for spitting the dose?

The potency and efficacy of the drug is unchanged when dissolved or suspended in a liquid.  Your drug is going to remain stable, regardless of what you do to it.

thanks Sierra.

I'll check it out.  Do you have a success story or blog I can read -? Im wondering How did you liquid titrate and what dose did you jump?

thanks Sierra.

I'll check it out.  Do you have a success story or blog I can read -? Im wondering How did you liquid titrate and what dose did you jump?

I'm still tapering (see my signature for details), so no success story just yet and no online blog either. 

The titration formula builder so kindly shares and custom calculates for people is a really good one. Many have used it successfully throughout their taper.  Moving to a liquid titration from dry cutting was a game changer for me and daily tapering has allowed for less extreme sxs - which is vital, as I work while tapering.  :)

sierra  :smitten:

thanks Sierra.

I'm still tapering (see my signature for details), so no success story just yet and no online blog either. 

The titration formula builder so kindly shares and custom calculates for people is a really good one. Many have used it successfully throughout their taper.  Moving to a liquid titration from dry cutting was a game changer for me and daily tapering has allowed for less extreme sxs - which is vital, as I work while tapering.  :)

sierra  :smitten:

:) :)

That's great Sierra,

It give me hope.

Glad you found something to work for you. Is it a solution or a suspension you're using?  I see you dose 4x /day so you feel the Med stays at theraputic dose even tho it's sitting in your mixture for hours?  Do you keep in fridge or not?

Where's the thread or link  for The titration formula that Builder shares - I missed it?

Builder has given me some great advise on my posts too.

• 2 weeks later...

Need help.

What to do next, and  when? I switched to Ascend mfg on 4/9/29. It suspends great in dist water, Way better than MYLAN mfg. I take at nite , am sleeping about the same as b4 switch (pretty good). But daytime, seems much WORSE than previously with my chronic BURNING  pinching nerve pain, vivrating, buzzing, muscle spasms is my worse sxs,  as the day goes on.

How long do I stick this suffering out before trying to split doses to see if that helps my daytime suffering?  If I’m in bad tolerance, my fear is I won’t ever feel better and need to get started w taper. 

Am I being too impatient?

When should I gradually intdroduce the split doses? Every 12 hrs, or 8 hrs good for this, even tho it’s a sleep  med?