Need help making a daily liquid water titration taper for Ativan please

[Fr...]

Hi, I have been dry tapering 2 mg Ativan and I am currently down to .083 by weight  which I believe is around .75 mg dosage .

I would like to start a daily water titration with vodka but need help with the math. I know I need 1 mg tablet +2 mg vodka. But I would like to taper for 210 days and be able to hold if needed.  The water part is the confusing part.

C anyone please help me with the math and to make sure how much I would pull daily  I split it up into four doses which are currently .023 .020 .20 .020 by weight .  I believe each pill weighs around .118. 

Once I get this down it would be great if I can even make multiple doses at once .    Thanks anybody that has time to help me out

If you're using a 1mg  tablet, and  it  weighs .118g, and you are taking .083g, then your dose is actually .7mg.

But to give you a plan, I need you to confirm tablet size (dose, not weight), and your current daily dose.

Hi builder,

ThankYou for responding.  my current tablet size is 1 mg and my current daily dose is .083 which  I guess is actually .7mg.  I divide that up into four doses

Hi builder,

ThankYou for responding.  my current tablet size is 1 mg and my current daily dose is .083 which  I guess is actually .7mg.  I divide that up into four doses

Combine 7mg + 14ml vodka + 56ml water.  That gives a finished solution of .1mg=1ml.  It will be approx a 10-12 day supply.  Store at room temp in a covered glass jar.

I'm not sure what the basis for the "210 days" is, but that's about .003mg/day so we'll start there.

Schedule:

.7mg                        7ml

.697mg                    6.97ml

.694mg                    6.94ml

.691mg                    6.91ml

etc.....

Just reduce your dose by .03ml (.003mg) each day.

To divide into 4 daily dose, put the full day's dose in a standard measuring cup and top it up to 1 full cup with water (or juice, etc).  Drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

BTW, if you have a helpful doc, there is an Rx liquid lorazepam  (Ativan) available.

Ok, so  how am I able to pull out .697 ml?  I guess I need a 1 mL or 10 mL syringe?    Also, what type of vodka do I need to use ?

Ok, so  how am I able to pull out .697 ml?  I guess I need a 1 mL or 10 mL syringe?    Also, what type of vodka do I need to use ?

Look more closely at the chart.  It's 6.97ml NOT .697.  The left column shows you the taper in milligrams.  The right column is the actual daily liquid dose, in milliters.

Any vodka, 80 proof or higher.  Personally, I would buy the cheapest 80 proof vodka I could find.

You really should have both a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.  6.97ml would be 6ml on the 10 syringe, then .97 on the 1 syringe.

Ok, that makes sense to me.  .....  let’s just say I don’t want to eyeball the four doses and want to be specific because they are different amounts. Can you tell me how to convert my scale weight over to milliliters ? 

So .023 by weight would be what in ml ?  How do I convert the weight (g) over to (mg) ?

Also,  just wondering your opinion if this is too fast? I am assuming if I went .003 mL daily it would be roughly 210 days

Ok, that makes sense to me.  .....  let’s just say I don’t want to eyeball the four doses and want to be specific because they are different amounts. Can you tell me how to convert my scale weight over to milliliters ? 

So .023 by weight would be what in ml ?  How do I convert the weight (g) over to (mg) ?

Tablet (scale) weight is irrelevant in a liquid taper.  (This is really a simple procedure, don't complicate it!)  ;)

Trust me, diluting to a full cup and taking 1/4 cup per dose will be more than sufficiently precise.  (You have been taking tablets that typically vary 10% or more dose to dose!)

If it really concerns you, just use the syringes to divide your doses.  Ex:  6.97ml/4 = 1.75 ml per dose.  But that's really not necessary.

(My style is to always make things both simple and reliable.)  :thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying.  Don’t want to over complicate but it’s scary switching from Dry cut to liquid.I just made my first solution and will be starting tomorrow at .7 And a hold for a week and then start tapering.  The solution still doesn’t look even but I’m going to give this a shot. I can see all the particles floating around and some cups have more than others.

Down the line, would I just continue to make the same batch with seven pills etc....?  Or would I need to change that calculation at some point ? Thanks

[d9...]

Thanks for clarifying.  Don’t want to over complicate but it’s scary switching from Dry cut to liquid.I just made my first solution and will be starting tomorrow at .7 And a hold for a week and then start tapering.  The solution still doesn’t look even but I’m going to give this a shot. I can see all the particles floating around and some cups have more than others.

Down the line, would I just continue to make the same batch with seven pills etc....?  Or would I need to change that calculation at some point ? Thanks

It doesn’t have to look even. It bothered me at first to see the binders, fillers floating in there and in the bottom of the jar. I still shake it before drawing up my dose and trust that my dose is as reliable, if not entirely so, than splitting my tablets when I was dry cutting.

Less than 1% of your tablet is actually ativan, the rest is inactive additives, some of which will be insoluble.  Its the insoluble additives that you see.

The Ativan, and any other soluble ingredients have dissolved and are NOT visible.

NM.... OK, thank you so much for the reassurance. Do you feel like the liquid taper is going better for you than dry cutting?    Looks like you’ve come a long ways and have done a great job ! 

Builder,  thank you also for easing my mind and all your time and effort helping me make a plan.!  I am nervous but excited to get this going !  Also just wanted to let you know the doctor that prescribed me this for nine years cold turkey and me and the new doctor I have now will not allow me to get the liquid Ativan and would not let me cross the V. I’m kind of thankful I just went straight down now though . 

[d9...]

NM.... OK, thank you so much for the reassurance. Do you feel like the liquid taper is going better for you than dry cutting?    Looks like you’ve come a long ways and have done a great job ! 

Builder,  thank you also for easing my mind and all your time and effort helping me make a plan.!  I am nervous but excited to get this going !  Also just wanted to let you know the doctor that prescribed me this for nine years cold turkey and me and the new doctor I have now will not allow me to get the liquid Ativan and would not let me cross the V. I’m kind of thankful I just went straight down now though .

Thank you 😊

Absolutely better than when I was dry cutting 100%. I’d recommend it to anyone tapering. Between liquid tapering, Claire Weekes books and this website: www.cbt4panic.org Highly recommend!!

Thanks I hope it goes smoothly too. I finished my first day today and it went fine.  Hopefully more good days to come

I will definitely check out the website too, I already meditate and do yoga so always looking for something new to help

[d9...]

Thanks I hope it goes smoothly too. I finished my first day today and it went fine.  Hopefully more good days to come

I will definitely check out the website too, I already meditate and do yoga so always looking for something new to help

Fantastic!!! ♥️

Hi Builder,

So I have been on the vodka daily liquid titration for a week now. It has not been fun, feeling pretty bad. With that said I  decided to switch over to propyleneglycol for the solvent .  Just have a feeling even though it’s a small amount of liquor it is still affecting me.

I just want to be sure the formula would be the same? I plan on starting tomorrow.  I’ve already made it just want to check with you. I did notice the pills did not dissolve like it did with a vodka until I added water.  I know all the floaters are just fillers, just thought it was weird it didn’t dissolve till I added water.  Your thoughts and time are appreciated?!

Hi Builder,

So I have been on the vodka daily liquid titration for a week now. It has not been fun, feeling pretty bad. With that said I  decided to switch over to propyleneglycol for the solvent .  Just have a feeling even though it’s a small amount of liquor it is still affecting me.

I just want to be sure the formula would be the same? I plan on starting tomorrow.  I’ve already made it just want to check with you. I did notice the pills did not dissolve like it did with a vodka until I added water.  I know all the floaters are just fillers, just thought it was weird it didn’t dissolve till I added water.  Your thoughts and time are appreciated?!

If your tablets do not breakdown and deconstruct in the solvent, I would either crush them first, or muddle them in the solvent, before adding the water.

So I tried the PG last week and after the first day went back to the vodka .  Moving forward I will crush the pills even with the vodka first.

I finally feel like I’m stabilizing a bit and tomorrow I will start my taper at  reducing .04 mL daily .  I am so excited to try the daily titration and just pray it will ease up on symptoms and let me get off faster . 

Thanks again Builder

NMsafe,  How is the titration going?