I don't yawn much anymore

[Be...]

I'm working on my 6th month post-taper.  I don't usually fall asleep until 2 or 3am.  Then I will sleep anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time with dreams.  I'm lucky if I sleep 6 total hours a night.  It's often 3 or less.  I use 10mg melatonin.  Sometimes CBD drops or Kava Kava with chamomile drops.  I know I eat too late and too much refined sugar too.  I am basically in a sleep-lack condition most of the time.  What I find odd, is that I don't yawn much anymore being this sleep-deprived.  It's almost as if I have adapted to a hyper-vigilant mindset, and don't need as much sleep? 

The first 3 months post-taper were most challenging, but it's been slow and steady improvement with most other symptoms since then.  I'm confident that sometime in the next 12 months, I will feel like this is substantially behind me.  But, I'm not quite there yet.

Does anybody else notice this lack of yawning while being tired?

I notice I don't yawn much but when I do it never completed or feels satisfying. Bit wierd I find although it has improved a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Month 4 and I’m yawning normally again.  Yay, the simple things I am grateful for during WD.

SaraSue I'm impressed that you WD cold-turkey.  I often wondered if that was the better approach?  I was doing pretty well, but the last few days have made me feel like I'm still in the weeds.  On some level, the difference between feeling good and bad, is sometimes so small: like attitude and expectation.....

I also seem to have a kind of PTSD from the tapering period when there was a sustained feeling of elevated anxiety.  It seems to have created a kind of groove in my brain, and when I'm feeling not so great, I seem to be running in parallel with that groove and fear I will slip back into it.  But, I don't.  Or at least haven't yet.  So, I hold on, breathe deeply and try to stay optimistic.  Being lonely makes it harder.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when I was going thru the worst of my insomnia (hope it doesnt come back as bad as before) I told my wife that I never yawned anymore either. Strange that a lot of people have these same symptoms.

It took me around a year to get yawning back but some of that was seroquel wd which causes it as well. I found it really helpful, and super difficult, to cut back on processed foods and sweets. See if you can at least keep it before 7 pm at night. Our nervous systems get so sensitized and unfortunately, processed foods and sugar drive our cortisol levels up which piles on with our already elevated cortisol levels from wd and keeps us wired. I'm not a purist but it's helpful to me to remember there are some things I have control over (what I eat, for example).

Benzo,

I was forced ct.  As brutal as wd is, I’m thankful I don’t have extra time from tapering (I think).  Most difficult experience of my life.  I didn’t know about tapering until it was to late.

Sara :smitten: