Author Topic: Fear of being alone - any tips?  (Read 722 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Fear of being alone - any tips?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 05:41:51 pm »
Hi there,

Does anyone have tips on being more comfortable being alone? I am suffering with panic attacks and hate being alone when they hit. In fact just thinking about panic and nobody being there if it hits sets me off.

Yesterday I tried distracting myself with housework, watching tv, and it just wan't working. I would pace, back and forth - and I felt like a mad person!

4 months off and struggling - though I haven't lost [...]  :smitten:

That is a tough one [...].  I would put the tv on a show where I knew all the characters and their voices and that helped me,  I felt like I knew them.  It's different for everyone, but when I am alone, I have to have noise.  [...] you find something that helps soon.  Love, [...] 💜

Thanks [...]!  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 03:36:18 pm »
[...],

How are you doing?  Getting outside?

[...]  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 02:28:31 pm »
[...],

How are you doing?  Getting outside?

Hi [...],

Sorry for the delay in replying that or the anxiety caused the things have been really tough, my anxiety has gotten really bad, to the point where I need someone here with me. Just thinking about stuff sets me off right now into panic.
I am thinking I might need to take some medication as I am having trouble functioning..I really have no clue what I could take, doctors want to prescribe SSRIs but I can't handle the initial anxiety they give for the first few weeks. I have developed stomach problems and feel short of breath, I think that is when the anxiety started to get worse - either  that or the anxiety caused stomach issues.

On a positive note, weather is starting to warm up and I at least can sit outside. I have had no energy or interest in gardening right now, in the past I have - I am not sure why I have little motivation right now..

How are the walks going? Have you improved? I usually love a long walk but in the last month or so I am so short of breath I start to get so anxious when I walk. I still try though when my husband gets home. I [...] this symptom gets better soon, I really need some exercise!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 05:12:42 pm »
Iím happy to see you post.  Iím still walking twice a day, no further yet, but getting out.  Iím so sorry you are still struggling.  I believe each wd symptom to be a sign of healing for us.  I have 40+ sxs daily so Iím healing 40+ areas ... this month. 

Maybe you can get out more in your new and better weather.

SaraSueb :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 11:02:03 am »
Hi Sue and [...]
It looks as though you really work hard at making the best of each day, bless you.
In my own fear I do try to push the boundaries and it can come back at bite me on the bottom.
Today I want to hide away (I have reinstated and feel really sick so I understand Optimists fear of SSRI!)
I have managed to fill the bird feeders and fed the dog, and that will be it I think.
We crave to be well, and fulfilledówill it happen?
Well we arenít giving up.

I know why I am in a tiz (messing with meds) so [...] n pray for resolution. And my supportive daughter is off on well deserved break and I will miss her optimism.

Do we hate / reject meds too much?  I just dunno. [...] always talks sense as many do here.
I [...] you both feel less phobic soon and chin up.
Dickie

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 04:22:36 pm »
Hi Sue and [...]
It looks as though you really work hard at making the best of each day, bless you.
In my own fear I do try to push the boundaries and it can come back at bite me on the bottom.
Today I want to hide away (I have reinstated and feel really sick so I understand Optimists fear of SSRI!)
I have managed to fill the bird feeders and fed the dog, and that will be it I think.
We crave to be well, and fulfilledówill it happen?
Well we arenít giving up.

I know why I am in a tiz (messing with meds) so [...] n pray for resolution. And my supportive daughter is off on well deserved break and I will miss her optimism.

Do we hate / reject meds too much?  I just dunno. [...] always talks sense as many do here.
I [...] you both feel less phobic soon and chin up.
Dickie

Hi there forty,did you find an SSRI helped you? I am pretty sick so I just don't think I can handle anymore medication that upsets my stomach.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »
[...]
I have no doubt SSRIS saved my life. I know itís a love hate relationship but
In 1996/7 I had been in hospital for two admissions with probably Post Lyme disease depression
I lost my job as I could not leave the house and my wife had cancer and I couldnít take her to chemo.
A change of psych put me on paroxetine 20 for ten years and oxazepam 10mg TDS. (short course)

I got back to work and looked after my wife til she passed in 2013.

Any SSRI needs benzo cover and lots of reassurance after starting a low dose. ( my experience)
Best wishes,   I am told citalopram is more anxiolytic but the first 3-5 days cause anxiety.
Dick

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 06:02:25 pm »
Iím happy to see you post.  Iím still walking twice a day, no further yet, but getting out.  Iím so sorry you are still struggling.  I believe each wd symptom to be a sign of healing for us.  I have 40+ sxs daily so Iím healing 40+ areas ... this month. 

Maybe you can get out more in your new and better weather.

SaraSueb :smitten:

[...], I love that post and it is a great way to think.  It's hard for all to see anything positive in this, but that is a very positive position to take  :D. Thank you, [...] ♥️

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 06:00:08 pm »
@[...], I live alone and am a single mom to a 14 year old son. There are many days when being alone has been complete torture. Some things have helped me when I canít leave the house are listening to podcasts (uplifting ones like TED talks) Iím listening to audio books, currently the Happiness Advantage (which is great, talks about the power of a positive mind). Yoga is a life saver for me and if I donít feel up for exercise, I put relaxing music on, light candles, and do some light stretching. Bubble baths with Epsom salts helps me relax. Some days Iíll take out the cook books and try a new recipe. Gardening has also been extremely therapeutic. Funny movies also help if I feel like I just canít get out of bed. If Iím having extreme anxiety (which is often) I channel it into cleaning and clean like a mad woman and thereís something so gratifying about a sparkling clean house.

Iíve been off for about 3.5 months now. I know itís hard. Sending you my thoughts and good vibes! We are healing... slowly but surely.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »
Hi [...]!  I [...] you are having an easier time.  Honking of you.

Hi [...], thank you.  If I didnít believe the torture days werenít healing, I couldnít do this.  I know I am better each day.