Author Topic: Fear of being alone - any tips?  (Read 1183 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Fear of being alone - any tips?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 03:04:52 pm »
Yes, my six week taper was not a taper so a CT.  I was not given a choice.

Your Tulips will be beautiful when the do bloom.  A few more pots of other things to tend to?  We have had a miserable cold winter, thankfully it has been nicer for the last few weeks.  Iím more at home inside with the windows open for sunlight, but Iíve been outside as often as possible during withdrawal.  We go to an indoor place to walk when it is freezing cold as we donít tolerate the cold well.

Your children are to old for wagon rides!  Maybe they would walk with you?  I must walk.

I have several physical symptoms.  Muscle weakness comes and goes.  Peripheral Nueropathy is raging.  Hopefully you wonít get physical symptoms and your others will pass quickly.

You will heal.  You will get through this.

[...] :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 04:21:13 pm »
Yes, my six week taper was not a taper so a CT.  I was not given a choice.

Your Tulips will be beautiful when the do bloom.  A few more pots of other things to tend to?  We have had a miserable cold winter, thankfully it has been nicer for the last few weeks.  Iím more at home inside with the windows open for sunlight, but Iíve been outside as often as possible during withdrawal.  We go to an indoor place to walk when it is freezing cold as we donít tolerate the cold well.

Your children are to old for wagon rides!  Maybe they would walk with you?  I must walk.

I have several physical symptoms.  Muscle weakness comes and goes.  Peripheral Nueropathy is raging.  Hopefully you wonít get physical symptoms and your others will pass quickly.

You will heal.  You will get through this.

[...] :smitten:

Well once the weather gets warmer I will have lots to do outside.
 Yes that sounds pretty much like a CT :/ How awful. I don't understand what your doctor was thinking? Do you have anxiety or crazy emotions right now?

I am having a terrible time with anxiety. I shouldn't say that I don't have ANY physical problems. I have GI problems - I look 7 or 8 mos pregnant and have heart palpitations and fatigue/shortness of breath. But not the stuff you have as my taper was gradual.

Yes we will heal, thank you :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 05:59:08 pm »
[...],

My Pdoc said Iíd have no withdrawals.  I think she may not have known (I had two other docs also say Iíd have no withdrawals).  I think US docs are either stupid or not informed.  Stupid, because one doc did hint at knowing and not telling me!  I think a 38 year old doc out of medical school should have known.  My thoughts, what are they NOT teaching?

I [...] it warms up quickly for you so you can get out of the house.  The cold here made being stuck inside at times unbearable with withdrawal.  I need some Spring weather.  I have 25+ physical symptoms this week; however, they are better than last month.  I have all your sxs you listed and many more.  I donít have many mental sxs and [...] I donít gain any.  Iím healing.

I [...] you have a much better week.  SS :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 06:15:15 pm »
[...]
I am so sorry you have this. I have had agoraphobia for over 55 years.
Initially it was dealt with by a very firm parenting but then it was a question of med school or nil.
I was put on diazepam and managed but hated it.
Even on it I am travel eating issues and agoraphobia is bad. I have not been on hol for 5 years since wife died.
I did cbt for a while. Sometimes I just pray. And I have a dog who needs a treat walk!
But like you I live in fear. My 35 yr old daughter keeps her phone on for me if I have a challenge.
I got stuck 200 miles away which nuked my driving recovery.
I spent 8000 pounds on therapy last year.  The net result is I have realised itís the meds making panic worse.
Try exercising indoors to raise your natural endorphins so you cope better even nipping to the post box. I just extend each walk by ten yards when I can.
I [...] others give you sound advice. I bet you are a good mum!,
Best wishes
Dick

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 02:20:54 pm »
Iím in the same boat.  My husband and son are going on a trip for a week so I will be home alone. A week alone with my thoughts is terrifying me now and the anxiety is severe.  Not sure what to do about it.  Itís not for 2 weeks and Iím already a mess.😕

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 04:11:01 pm »
Hi there,

Does anyone have tips on being more comfortable being alone? I am suffering with panic attacks and hate being alone when they hit. In fact just thinking about panic and nobody being there if it hits sets me off.

Yesterday I tried distracting myself with housework, watching tv, and it just wan't working. I would pace, back and forth - and I felt like a mad person!

4 months off and struggling - though I haven't lost [...]  :smitten:

That is a tough one [...].  I would put the tv on a show where I knew all the characters and their voices and that helped me,  I felt like I knew them.  It's different for everyone, but when I am alone, I have to have noise.  [...] you find something that helps soon.  Love, [...] 💜

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 02:05:04 pm »
I'm alone 24/7 while withdrawing from klonopin and dealing with 24/7 anxiety. Well i get an occasional visitor but most have tired of my constant anxiety. Anyway, I listen to sermons and try to draw closer to God. I particularly like Charles Stanley as I find his voice very soothing. He has a good sermon on anxiety. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 02:42:37 pm »
Thanks butterfly
Try Googling ď Sounds like reign - it is wellĒ  you should get y tube of beautiful song of rest.
Podcasts save my sanity. Will try Charles Stanley
Dickie

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 02:58:28 pm »
Truly beautiful, thank you  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 05:38:35 pm »
[...]
I am so sorry you have this. I have had agoraphobia for over 55 years.
Initially it was dealt with by a very firm parenting but then it was a question of med school or nil.
I was put on diazepam and managed but hated it.
Even on it I am travel eating issues and agoraphobia is bad. I have not been on hol for 5 years since wife died.
I did cbt for a while. Sometimes I just pray. And I have a dog who needs a treat walk!
But like you I live in fear. My 35 yr old daughter keeps her phone on for me if I have a challenge.
I got stuck 200 miles away which nuked my driving recovery.
I spent 8000 pounds on therapy last year.  The net result is I have realised itís the meds making panic worse.
Try exercising indoors to raise your natural endorphins so you cope better even nipping to the post box. I just extend each walk by ten yards when I can.
I [...] others give you sound advice. I bet you are a good mum!,
Best wishes
Dick

Aww thanks Forty :) I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I cant imagine how difficult that must have been. How much are you able to get out now? I am really finding this hard. I think it mostly stems from fear of panic attacks. Do you get them? I started to get them when I got down to 8 mg of valium.