anyone know what causes the burning skin sensation ?

[ju...]

ive this before but never this long the back of my head feels like its 120 degrees same goes for mt legs and the back of my neck ?

Sensitized central nervous system. Your nervous system is in constant stimulation causing neurological symptoms.

thanks for the reply i only get  it between 5am to 8 or 9am on random days but it seems to be happening more often lately

ive this before but never this long the back of my head feels like its 120 degrees same goes for mt legs and the back of my neck ?

I have "heat feeling" and sometimes it is accompanied by "flushing". I can feel my ears burn then it makes it way to my face, neck and chest. I HATE it. It's probably fifth on my taper w/d list that is the the most uncomfortable.

For me, I know it's rebound anxiety or panic disorder.

I HAve this symptom too , it comes and goes. I get it in my flesh , in my stomach area, and also in my waist at the back , that feels like muscle burning there.

sometimes I get in in my thighs , hands and feet ...

very unpleasant symptom , I sympathise. I dont think there's anything can be done about it except avoid stress as much as possible,  I take Kratom occasionally if I'm really uncomforatble , it helps.

MiYu

I have terrible heat allalomg spine and wherever muscles are tight.

I think if I didn’t have a loss of nerve sensation in much of my body it would be burning rather than just very hot.

ASHTONS MANUAL:

Bodily sensations:

All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal.

It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.

• 4 weeks later...

ASHTONS MANUAL:

Bodily sensations:

All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal.

It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.

Wow. Thank you for posting this. I missed this!

I, too, have been suffering from extreme skin burning sensations. I thought it was just a another manifestation of menopause, but I have been thinking it is directly from benzo-withdrawal due to the nerves/anxiety in my stomach before the burning sensation starts.

What happens is this: a nervous sick feeling starts in my gut, prickly & burning sensations start and spread into my chest, throat and head and causes me to sweat. Throughout this whole time, I feel nervous, sick & freaked out. Then my whole body gets sweaty. It lasts for a few minutes and then goes away, but this happens several times a day & night. Wakes me up all the time and then impossible to go to sleep afterward.  >:(

Glad to have confirmation that it is related to benzo withdrawal...makes sense!