Black Out Blinds

[ph...]

Just want to say I'd recommend getting black out blinds for your bedroom. I haven't got them but what I have done is put up fleeces or any darkish sheet over my curtains and the extra darkness really does help with getting a bit more sleep. Also I recommend going on to an amazing website called mynoise. It explores beautiful real world generative sound Scape ambiences.

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

Hi thanks. Once I get of the codeine and get this operation done IL be a lot better I think..things are slowly improving since December otherwise though pain and the codeine are messing with me. I'm guessing my nervous system is very delicate. Unwanted Stress at home also plays havoc...thanks man

Silk sleep mask on Amazon.com - $9.99 U.S. I use it every night and I already have blackout blinds, but light still gets in through the cracks and modern life is full of bright little idiot lights on electronics.

Oh I couldn't deal with sleep masks kept ripping mine off and it was expensive to.

I really recommend blacking out Ur window with sheets, fleeces anything. Attach them to Ur curtains with clothes pegs. The dark space is so much better even u can open it eyes and it's dark! It helps it really really does. I can ly in without the daylight stimulating me.

Oh I couldn't deal with sleep masks kept ripping mine off and it was expensive to.

I really recommend blacking out Ur window with sheets, fleeces anything. Attach them to Ur curtains with clothes pegs. The dark space is so much better even u can open it eyes and it's dark! It helps it really really does. I can ly in without the daylight stimulating me.

[/quot

They sell black out curtains on Kohls, really inexpensive.  They have a return for any reason policy too.

I love mine and they have made a huge difference.  Mary 💜

Ha Mary nice one!

Yes I've been experimenting. Being in complete darkness at night really helps and also now that the summer mornings have nearly come I get to sleep in to 11am. This has been unheard of for me although it completely knocks my time of day off and I feel groggy as hell so I keep them open a little bit to allow some gentle light in as Dracula cannot stand being scorched by the sunlight.

I cannot recommend enough just getting some clothes pegs and attaching some nice coloured sheets or throws to Ur curtains just to try it out for yourself a just to see the difference the dark makes. It really primes the brain for making its own natural sedating sleep chemicals! Let me know if anyone gets success with this. I'm an edjet for never trying this before ..

I have some experience with this  :)

Improving sleep hygiene has been extremely helpful, post-withdrawal.

- Blackout curtains

- White noise (fan) or high quality earplugs

- Cold room temperature

- Air purifier (HEPA grade filter - this improves my allergic asthma symptoms so i breathe better at night)

- No blue light 2 hours before bed, so install a blue light filter on all your devices

- Set screen brightness to lowest setting at night

- Dim lights 3 hours before bed, orange glue.

I agree bud it is absolutely brilliant. The darkness does start helping the brain to sedate it's self and also longer sleep. Its so important we get some stages of deep neural healing sleep

When I get my own place I'm going to set up a special sleeping room maybe all black with just a bed kitted out with an air thingy u mention. I'm going to work on sleep so much it's so god damn important.

I wish I had down this last summer when insomnia was relentless. I'm not sure if it would of helped then but I think it would have.

I went nearly three weeks of zero sleep last may. Before that I would of had months maybe 3 with one hour a night. I didn't die even though It was suggested I was lying by doctors who said I should be dead.

I was that tired I felt wired like absolutely wide awake liked primed and stimulated for wakefulness. My brain and body forgot how to sleep. It completely forgot.