Author Topic: Constant fight or flight sensation in stomach??  (Read 723 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Constant fight or flight sensation in stomach??
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 05:51:15 pm »
Eliza, why no numbing agent when you had the fillings?
I  have alot of chemical sensitivities,so I can't  take the chance. I reacted badly to one years ago and I don't  want to go through that again.
Its not just that its alot of things, so I have to be careful.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 12:48:01 am »
I am one year off and get this from time to time. Lately it's been pretty bad. Also, I just CANNOT get in the shower and wash my hair. I took a shower about 4days ago but haven't washed my hair in two weeks. But when I have a doctor's appointment or something and am forced to clean up, I will. So to deal with this, I bought non refundable theater tickets online for this weekend for my husband to take me . I know I will shower up, shampoo and fix my makeup. Also, when I have something to look forward to, the anxiety in the pit of my stomach decreases. Right now, It is about 8:30 on here. I washed and changed my bedsheets, and put clean pajamas and underwear in the bathroom. I have been trying for an hour to get into the shower, but when I walk towards it I get that feeling in my stomach. I could have a few glasses of wine to help that, but my stomach digestive problems from the benzos will not allow me to tolerate it. This is good, because alcohol is bad for recovering benzos sufferers. I hope it helps to know others are going through this as well. Try to get an activity scheduled to look forward to. I am lucky that my husband will take me places because I haven't driven for 3 years!

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 05:38:47 am »
Everyone tells me it will pass and to give it time.

My last major panic attack started in my stomach...