Author Topic: Buspar for anxiety?????  (Read 442 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Buspar for anxiety?????
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:06 am »
Try it Lee...I hope it helps but you do have to give it some time. I do not react well to ADs either except lexapro. I am currently taking a very small dose of lexapro to try and block some of the panic and depression while I slowly try to come off the valium again. Out of all the Rx meds available, benzos are the worst after you have taken them long-term.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Buspar for anxiety?????
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 07:56:59 am »
Lee
Shame antidepressants donít help much.
In the uk citalopram (an SSRI) is used for anxiety rather than buspar. You could start on a low dose covered by diazepam or oxazepam for at least 5 days.
It worked for me years ago but I could not pee on SSRI so ended up on mirtazipine (calming antidepressant in fact) with Seroquel alongside.
Best wishes.
Dick
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.