Its time to write this ! Two and a half year update

[4b...]

[4b...]

Well done, issey!!

Are you still taking the other two medications?

I stopped the Depakote after 2 weeks and I am still on 15 mg remeron.

Congratulations Issey!

Four months ... I’m beginning my fourth month, you give me hope.  However, my symptoms were and are much more brutal and longer lasting ... still I have hope!

So happy for you!

SS :smitten:

[4b...]

Congratulations Issey!

Four months ... I’m beginning my fourth month, you give me hope.  However, my symptoms were and are much more brutal and longer lasting ... still I have hope!

So happy for you!

Thanks you !

Mine were brutal and so bad I thought they would never go away, i'm lucky they didn't last as long as some of you on here but there is hope you can recover quickly.. I hope you get better soon, think it will happen and it will sooner than later.

[4b...]

I know most people on here are anti medication / Herbs but I wanted to add that I used kava and bacopa when things were rough.

I don't know if they helped me heal quicker or not. I am pretty confident they didn't set me back.

• 5 weeks later...
[b7...]
Congratulations.  Could it be that the Remeron is masking you withdrawal symptoms for now?  I'm not hating because I am considering going on something myself.  Can you come back in 6 months or so and update your progress?

[4b...]

1 month update .. I have been feeling pretty good other than having a hard time at my kids graduation yesterday.. Felt very uncomfortable but I had to get up at 4 am for the drive, I’m sure 2 hours sleep didn’t help. I know I wouldn’t of felt that way pre benzo though. Other than that and some weird thoughts from time to time,things are good. The last of my head pressure went away a week ago also. God bless and quick healing!!

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

ERIC,

This is fabulous news!  I’m so happy for you!  I’m going to heal quick like you, I am healing!

That you for the update!

SaraSue  :smitten:

Wow! I've been scouring this site looking for a story similar to mine to give me hope! And I finally found it! Thank you so much for sharing...also the updates are very beneficial too! I'm so happy for you, Issey! Thank you for showing me there is a light at the end of tunnel of darkness! Amazing news!

Is there anything your found helpful dealing with the tension/pressure headaches? I only have found that wrapping an ice pack around my head to numb it helps a little. How long did your depression last? And did it come back?

Good luck on the rest of journey!

God bless 🙏

[4b...]

Wow! I've been scouring this site looking for a story similar to mine to give me hope! And I finally found it! Thank you so much for sharing...also the updates are very beneficial too! I'm so happy for you, Issey! Thank you for showing me there is a light at the end of tunnel of darkness! Amazing news!

Is there anything your found helpful dealing with the tension/pressure headaches? I only have found that wrapping an ice pack around my head to numb it helps a little. How long did your depression last? And did it come back?

Good luck on the rest of journey!

God bless 🙏

Thank you !

Nothing seemed to help my head pressure but time I guess, it went away at about 5 months. my depression lasted about 3 1/2 months and no it didn't come back.

Most of my symptoms would leave and not come back thank god. Hang in there and think you will heal and you will !!

I need to write this to put this chapter of my life in the past and to offer others some hope.

I have been off Benzo's for over 4  months now I have to say the insanity is over. I was on xanax for about ten years because I told my doctor I was stressed at a physical and he said here try this. Looking back most of those ten years have been a fog. 2 years ago when I was in Scotland on vacation I woke up with my first panic attack and it was brutal, I thought I would never get back to the states. The whole week I sat in my hotel room feeling terrible and I wasn't sure why. When I got back home I went to the doctor and he wanted to put me on a higher dose of xanax. I told him no and started to do some research and realized I was going through tolerance withdrawal, I found the out about the Ashton method after hours of looking this up online and decided to give it a shot.

It took me 7 months to taper off the benzo's and it was actually not too bad as I was able to go to work and live a semi normal life. About a month after I jumped I was floored with a couple of terrible panic attacks and insomnia, I took a week off work and during that time I had about 8 different symptoms. I went back to work even though I wasn't sleeping at all at night on top of a insane adrenaline rush type symptom that i'm not even sure what you call it, but it was brutal. That symptom went away after about 10 days and then I got a bone crushing depression that was evil. Terrible thougth's 24/7 just incredibly horrible and scary

it was like my depression talked me out of going to work. I had zero control of my thoughts. I tried meditation anything and everything.

I ended up having to quit a job I love and check myself into a inpatient so I would feel safe, I was there for a week and the psych put me on Depakote and gabapetin. I took 1000 mg of depakote but I never took the gabapetin. I felt a little better or at least not having suicidal thoughts anymore and went back home. I didnt think the Depakote was helping and my doctor recomended Remeron. About 3 days after taking the Remeron 15 mg I started to feel better, not sure if it was the remeron or it was just time going by that helped.

All of my symptoms would last about 10-15 days and go away and I usually had 1 symptom at a time. I didn,t really have many physical symptoms mostly just mental.  I was scared to death that I was going insane most of the time but this site made me feel better knowing others had the same symptoms and it was just the benzo madness leaving me.

The only symptom I have now is sensitivity to certain foods which I can handle and the last symptom to go away was a terrible

head/brain pressure the would get worse with stress and stimuli. I had this head pressure the whole time. I had so many horrible and weird symptoms I was convinced I was doomed.

I just want to end this by saying it it possible to heal in a fairly short time, it sure doesn't seem short when you going through it.

God bless you all and just know that you will get better because I never thought I would or be writing this so soon..

Are you still taking the depakote Issey?  Can you share your experience with it either way?

• 1 month later...

7 Month post jump update. I am feeling about 99 %,  7 months off Xanax, the only thing left is a bit of fear/anxiety that pops up  like maybe once or twice a day and it usually last's a second or two, it is just annoying and nothing more. It is really strange

having a day pass and realize that I didn't think about benzos or a symptom.

I wont call it 100% until this is gone and I know it will be very soon. Looking back I am very greatful to have recovered from such terrible mental sx in such a short time, If you consider 7 month's a short time, it seems like forever ago since this started. I will keep updating this monthly until I am a year off. I hope this will give others hope that you can heal somewhat quickly from long term benzo usage.

I wish you all quick healing.

Eric

dear Eric,

thank you for regularly updating here, your posts have given me hope as I'm in a bit of a rough patch right now.

I'm very happy for you that most of your symtoms are gone and I hope in a month or two you can give that update on being at 100% :)

• 4 weeks later...

8th Month off update.

ALL mental symptoms are finally gone!  All I have left is a little RLS right before I fall asleep but that might be from the Remeron.

I will stay on the remeron untill I am 18 months off benzos, I want to make sure I am fully healed before I start to taper.

Good luck everyone !!

so glad you can now say that all symptoms are gone! congratulations and have a great life :)