Author Topic: Its time to write this !  (Read 2656 times)

[Buddie]

Its time to write this !
« on: April 01, 2019, 03:47:11 am »
I need to write this to put this chapter of my life in the past and to offer others some hope.

I have been off Benzo's for over 4  months now I have to say the insanity is over. I was on xanax for about ten years because I told my doctor I was stressed at a physical and he said here try this. Looking back most of those ten years have been a fog. 2 years ago when I was in Scotland on vacation I woke up with my first panic attack and it was brutal, I thought I would never get back to the states. The whole week I sat in my hotel room feeling terrible and I wasn't sure why. When I got back home I went to the doctor and he wanted to put me on a higher dose of xanax. I told him no and started to do some research and realized I was going through tolerance withdrawal, I found the out about the Ashton method after hours of looking this up online and decided to give it a shot.

It took me 7 months to taper off the benzo's and it was actually not too bad as I was able to go to work and live a semi normal life. About a month after I jumped I was floored with a couple of terrible panic attacks and insomnia, I took a week off work and during that time I had about 8 different symptoms. I went back to work even though I wasn't sleeping at all at night on top of a insane adrenaline rush type symptom that i'm not even sure what you call it, but it was brutal. That symptom went away after about 10 days and then I got a bone crushing depression that was evil. Terrible thougth's 24/7 just incredibly horrible and scary
it was like my depression talked me out of going to work. I had zero control of my thoughts. I tried meditation anything and everything.

I ended up having to quit a job I love and check myself into a inpatient so I would feel safe, I was there for a week and the psych put me on Depakote and gabapetin. I took 1000 mg of depakote but I never took the gabapetin. I felt a little better or at least not having suicidal thoughts anymore and went back home. I didnt think the Depakote was helping and my doctor recomended Remeron. About 3 days after taking the Remeron 15 mg I started to feel better, not sure if it was the remeron or it was just time going by that helped.

All of my symptoms would last about 10-15 days and go away and I usually had 1 symptom at a time. I didn,t really have many physical symptoms mostly just mental.  I was scared to death that I was going insane most of the time but this site made me feel better knowing others had the same symptoms and it was just the benzo madness leaving me.

The only symptom I have now is sensitivity to certain foods which [...] handle and the last symptom to go away was a terrible
head/brain pressure the would get worse with stress and stimuli. I had this head pressure the whole time. I had so many horrible and weird symptoms I was convinced I was doomed.

I just want to end this by saying it it possible to heal in a fairly short time, it sure doesn't seem short when you going through it.

God bless you all and just know that you will get better because I never thought I would or be writing this so soon..

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:07:23 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Its time !!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 03:56:10 am »
Happy for you [...], wish you all the best in your new life!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 03:59:54 am »
Thank you !

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:02:24 am »
Congrats, [...]!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 01:02:51 pm »
Well done, [...]!!

Are you still taking the other two medications?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:04:30 pm »
Congrats! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 03:10:34 pm »
Congratulations, [...]!  Good luck in your life!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:28:07 pm »

Well done, [...]!!

Are you still taking the other two medications?

I stopped the Depakote after 2 weeks and I am still on 15 mg remeron.

[Buddie]

Re: Its time to write this !
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 03:40:51 pm »
Congratulations [...]!

Four months ... Iím beginning my fourth month, you give me hope.  However, my symptoms were and are much more brutal and longer lasting ... still I have hope!

So happy for you!

SS :smitten:

[Buddie]

Re: Its time to write this !
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 03:52:12 pm »
Congratulations [...]!

Four months ... Iím beginning my fourth month, you give me hope.  However, my symptoms were and are much more brutal and longer lasting ... still I have hope!

So happy for you!

Thanks you !

Mine were brutal and so bad I thought they would never go away, i'm lucky they didn't last as long as some of you on here but there is hope you can recover quickly.. I hope you get better soon, think it will happen and it will sooner than later.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:04:35 pm by [Buddie] »