Author Topic: Really hungry but anxiety makes it hard to eat  (Read 172 times)

[Buddie]

Really hungry but anxiety makes it hard to eat
« on: March 31, 2019, 08:33:18 pm »
I am having a hard time eating with this anxiety.  I am hungry but my stomach is so tight I that food and food smells make me nauseous.  Iím not getting enough nutrients/calories into my body which of course doesnít help.  Any advice?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Really hungry but anxiety makes it hard to eat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:36:25 pm »
Me too
And as my blood sugar drops I feel queasier still.
So now I graze. I treat myself to little and often. Try it and see if you get more comfortable.
I had a true eating disorder as a child so I fear a serious relapse.
My default is toast and marmite. 
Best wishes
Dick
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 06:22:06 pm »
Yes, i have that problem too.
When i suffer from high anxiety my body weight drops and i'm already severely underweight.
I have to force myself to eat at least 3 meals and snack in between. Caloric dense but healthy food.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:19:00 am »
I am having trouble to with no appetite and excessive weight loss. I have been trying to eat more nuts to get the calories in. I hope my appetite returns at some point. :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 06:27:18 pm »
I lost 25 pounds the first month post jump.  Now I graze ... I keep snacks in every room.  Going to try smoothies next.

Swallowing is often difficult.

[...]  :smitten: