Feels more like body anxiety than emotional anxiety

[Le...]

I’m nine years off Klonopin.  The withdrawal was horrible and it took a while for my central nervous system to heal but it did and it was a complete healing.  So for those of you going through it now hang in there. It does get better and every day is a day closer.  Lately I’ve been having problems again.  But the panic and anxiety I am having feels more like an issue with my central nervous system and not necessarily about my emotions.  I had a panic attack a few weeks ago when I was sick with the flu and not resting. The panic and anxiety was really coming from my body and not my mind.  I couldn’t get my body to calm back down. After a week I was exhausted.  I was prescribed Atarax (antihistamine that’s used to treat anxiety). I’m in no way promoting it or saying that it’s the answer.  It did help. Then I had a situation come up with my daughter which brought it all back again.  This time it was emotional anxiety.  The situation has calmed down and I have definitely emotionally calm down too but my body has not even with the atarax. It’s a very physical feeling.  I think I was still very vulnerable when this happened.  I trying all my coping mechanisms but I’m getting exhausted again.  I will never do a benzodiazepine again.  I just need to get a physical break somehow.

I get both, often together, sometimes just all the somatic symptoms. That is where propranolol helps.

Only used about twice a month.

Hope it eases

Dick.