Author Topic: Feels more like body anxiety than emotional anxiety  (Read 202 times)

[Buddie]

Feels more like body anxiety than emotional anxiety
« on: March 31, 2019, 08:21:22 pm »
Iím nine years off Klonopin.  The withdrawal was horrible and it took a while for my central nervous system to heal but it did and it was a complete healing.  So for those of you going through it now hang in there. It does get better and every day is a day closer.  Lately Iíve been having problems again.  But the panic and anxiety I am having feels more like an issue with my central nervous system and not necessarily about my emotions.  I had a panic attack a few weeks ago when I was sick with the flu and not resting. The panic and anxiety was really coming from my body and not my mind.  I couldnít get my body to calm back down. After a week I was exhausted.  I was prescribed Atarax (antihistamine thatís used to treat anxiety). Iím in no way promoting it or saying that itís the answer.  It did help. Then I had a situation come up with my daughter which brought it all back again.  This time it was emotional anxiety.  The situation has calmed down and I have definitely emotionally calm down too but my body has not even with the atarax. Itís a very physical feeling.  I think I was still very vulnerable when this happened.  I trying all my coping mechanisms but Iím getting exhausted again.  I will never do a benzodiazepine again.  I just need to get a physical break somehow.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Feels more like body anxiety than emotional anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 06:29:35 pm »
Lee,

Body anxiety is what I call going on with me!  Horrid.

Hope you are doing better.

[...]  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Feels more like body anxiety than emotional anxiety
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »
I get both, often together, sometimes just all the somatic symptoms. That is where propranolol helps.
Only used about twice a month.
Hope it eases
Dick.